Re: [softrock40] SoftRock 6.3 and FLDIgi?? Settings?

  • JAY HOPPA
    Message 1 of 4 , Aug 2, 2009

      From: dahdahdidit <dahdahdidit@...>
      To: softrock40@yahoogroups.com
      Sent: Saturday, August 1, 2009 9:13:03 AM
      Subject: [softrock40] SoftRock 6.3 and FLDIgi?? Settings?

      I have the SoftRock 6.3 for 40M and would like to operate that in the Linux environment. I have FLDigi, Hamlib, SDR-Shell and many other ham radio applications running in Angstrom Linux on the Beagleboard (www.beagleboard. org). FLDigi seems to be much faster and less "buggy" than when I run it in Ubuntu on my PC.

      However, I have not yet gotten the 6.3 to work with FLDigi (only Rocky) and wondered what settings to use for the the Si570/USB. Also is there any setup required for the atTiny chip on the USB adapter? Has anyone else worked with FLDigi on the 6.3?

      As a side note I have been able to operate my Small Wonder Labs PSK20 with FLDigi on the Beagleboard and made 5 contacts the day before Field Day this year. One was from here in Richmond, VA to Warner Robbins, GA - 615 mils away on about 1.5 watts on BPKS-31. For that I used a USB/Serial adapter for PTT to the rig. If that info will help me with the 6.3. I do have Tony's Si570/USB setup for that.

      Thanks and 73

      Rob Thomas, KC4NYK

        Hi B ob if you want to know any thing about getting FLDigi to work try the linuxham group.  W1HKJ will help you out. I not having any problems with FLDigi. it just tkes a bit of effort to get the settings correct.

         Gerald   KJ4EXC

    • Edson Pereira
      Message 2 of 4 , Aug 2, 2009
        Hi Rob,

        FLdigi uses the hamlib for rig control and hamlib has the skeleton code
        for controlling the Si570 chip, but the support is not yet implemented
        as far as I know. One option is to implement the Si570 control support
        directly in hamlib and the second option is to implement the code in
        FLdigi to interface with the usbsoftrock program (via UDP sockets).

        73,

        -- Edson, pu1jte, n1vtn, jf1afn

        dahdahdidit wrote:

        > I have the SoftRock 6.3 for 40M and would like to operate that in the
        > Linux environment. I have FLDigi, Hamlib, SDR-Shell and many other ham
        > radio applications running in Angstrom Linux on the Beagleboard
        > (www.beagleboard.org). FLDigi seems to be much faster and less "buggy"
        > than when I run it in Ubuntu on my PC.
        >
        > However, I have not yet gotten the 6.3 to work with FLDigi (only
        > Rocky) and wondered what settings to use for the the Si570/USB. Also
        > is there any setup required for the atTiny chip on the USB adapter?
        > Has anyone else worked with FLDigi on the 6.3?
        >
        > As a side note I have been able to operate my Small Wonder Labs PSK20
        > with FLDigi on the Beagleboard and made 5 contacts the day before
        > Field Day this year. One was from here in Richmond, VA to Warner
        > Robbins, GA - 615 mils away on about 1.5 watts on BPKS-31. For that I
        > used a USB/Serial adapter for PTT to the rig. If that info will help
        > me with the 6.3. I do have Tony's Si570/USB setup for that.
        >
        > Thanks and 73
        >
        > Rob Thomas, KC4NYK

      • dahdahdidit
        Message 3 of 4 , Aug 12, 2009
          Edson,

          Still no luck trying to cross-compile usbsoftrock or Quisk on Angstrom - differences in Python distros etc.

          Would really like to be able to do it direct from FLDigi which already runs perfectly on the Beagelboard (Angstrom Linux).

          Any updates on this?

          Thanks & 73,

          Rob, KC4NYK