Re: [softrock40] Rocky 3.6

    Message 1 of 15 , Jul 31, 2009
      From: "Jim Rossell" Subject: [softrock40] Rocky 3.6

      > How does one get Rocky to track the receiver frequency ? I am using an
      > FT-2000; IF-2000 card and the SoftRock 30m Lite II with a 14.089 xtal. I
      > work primarily on 75 meters.

      I'm not too sure what you want but there is a version of PSDR for IF
      applications.
      " http://www.wu2x.com/sdr.html A version of the PowerSDR software designed
      for those using the Softrock as an IF panadaptor in a radio with CAT. Use it
      with HRD. (Ham Radio Deluxe) Using it with Softrock
      http://www.zs6buj.com/files/PowerSDR-sr40_Setup.pdf This continues to be
      developed http://code.google.com/p/powersdr-if-stage/ Talks to Kenwoods
      directly, also with Ham Radio Deluxe to show the actual frequency. Available
      soon.... "

      This is in section 11 at http://homepages.wightcable.net/~g4zfq/Si570.htm if
      the links get broken.

      73 Alan G4ZFQ
    • Don Parks
      Message 2 of 15 , Jun 19, 2010
        I am trying to update my Rocky 1.5 to Rocky 3.6.  Is this possible?  I cannot get anything to work
        on the new Rocky.  I am using a Softrock40_v4.0 with a 40 meter dipole.

        Don  K4IJV
      • g8voip
        Message 3 of 15 , Jun 19, 2010
          Hi Don,

          Usually there is no problem running any of the single band, fixed LO SoftRock's with Rocky v3.6.

          All that needs setting up is on the 'View' > 'Settings' > 'DSP' tab.

          Under the 'Local Oscillator' section select 'single band' and set your centre frequency in the box below, make sure you have the right number of digits entered.

          The only other thing is to make sure you do not have the 'Use Si570-USB' box checked, although that would also give you an error message when you run the program.

          I seem to recall from a couple of years ago, v1.5 would run on a basic PC using Windows 98se, but v3.x needed Win2000 as a minimum. Probably not relevant.

          73, Bob G8VOI

          --- In softrock40@yahoogroups.com, Don Parks <dpparks99@...> wrote:

          > I am trying to update my Rocky 1.5 to Rocky 3.6. Is this possible? I
          > cannot get anything to work
          > on the new Rocky. I am using a Softrock40_v4.0 with a 40 meter dipole.
          >
          > Don K4IJV

        • Don Parks
          Message 4 of 15 , Jun 19, 2010
            I am using Windows XP with a Intel Pentium 4 processor.

            Thanks for the reply,

            Don K4IJV

            On Sat, Jun 19, 2010 at 4:34 PM, g8voip <g8voi.reeves59@...> wrote:

            Hi Don,

            Usually there is no problem running any of the single band, fixed LO SoftRock's with Rocky v3.6.

            All that needs setting up is on the 'View' > 'Settings' > 'DSP' tab.

            Under the 'Local Oscillator' section select 'single band' and set your centre frequency in the box below, make sure you have the right number of digits entered.

            The only other thing is to make sure you do not have the 'Use Si570-USB' box checked, although that would also give you an error message when you run the program.

            I seem to recall from a couple of years ago, v1.5 would run on a basic PC using Windows 98se, but v3.x needed Win2000 as a minimum. Probably not relevant.

            73, Bob G8VOI

            --- In softrock40@yahoogroups.com, Don Parks <dpparks99@...> wrote:

            > I am trying to update my Rocky 1.5 to Rocky 3.6. Is this possible? I
            > cannot get anything to work
            > on the new Rocky. I am using a Softrock40_v4.0 with a 40 meter dipole.
            >
            > Don K4IJV

          • Don Parks
            Message 5 of 15 , Jun 19, 2010
              The xtal on the softrock board is 28.2054 Mhz and I used the divide by 4 number of 705135 for rocky.

              On Sat, Jun 19, 2010 at 4:42 PM, Don Parks <dpparks99@...> wrote:
              I am using Windows XP with a Intel Pentium 4 processor.

              Thanks for the reply,

              Don K4IJV

              On Sat, Jun 19, 2010 at 4:34 PM, g8voip <g8voi.reeves59@...> wrote:

              Hi Don,

              Usually there is no problem running any of the single band, fixed LO SoftRock's with Rocky v3.6.

              All that needs setting up is on the 'View' > 'Settings' > 'DSP' tab.

              Under the 'Local Oscillator' section select 'single band' and set your centre frequency in the box below, make sure you have the right number of digits entered.

              The only other thing is to make sure you do not have the 'Use Si570-USB' box checked, although that would also give you an error message when you run the program.

              I seem to recall from a couple of years ago, v1.5 would run on a basic PC using Windows 98se, but v3.x needed Win2000 as a minimum. Probably not relevant.

              73, Bob G8VOI

              --- In softrock40@yahoogroups.com, Don Parks <dpparks99@...> wrote:

              > I am trying to update my Rocky 1.5 to Rocky 3.6. Is this possible? I
              > cannot get anything to work
              > on the new Rocky. I am using a Softrock40_v4.0 with a 40 meter dipole.
              >
              > Don K4IJV

            • g8voip
              Message 6 of 15 , Jun 19, 2010
                Hi Don,

                Those figures sound fine.

                I just quickly hooked up my 40m Lite II, essentially the same as your one and made the changes to the settings in Rocky v3.6. All worked fine.

                Not too sure what else to suggest apart from checking you have selected your sound card on the 'Audio' tab as the I/Q input correctly.

                73, Bob G8VOI

                --- In softrock40@yahoogroups.com, Don Parks <dpparks99@...> wrote:

                > The xtal on the softrock board is 28.2054 Mhz and I used the divide by 4
                > number of 705135 for rocky.
                >
                > On Sat, Jun 19, 2010 at 4:42 PM, Don Parks <dpparks99@...> wrote:
                >
                > > I am using Windows XP with a Intel Pentium 4 processor.
                > >
                > > Thanks for the reply,
                > >
                > > Don K4IJV
                > >

                > > On Sat, Jun 19, 2010 at 4:34 PM, g8voip <g8voi.reeves59@...>wrote:
                > >

                > >> Hi Don,
                > >>
                > >> Usually there is no problem running any of the single band, fixed LO
                > >> SoftRock's with Rocky v3.6.
                > >>
                > >> All that needs setting up is on the 'View' > 'Settings' > 'DSP' tab.
                > >>
                > >> Under the 'Local Oscillator' section select 'single band' and set your
                > >> centre frequency in the box below, make sure you have the right number of
                > >> digits entered.
                > >>
                > >> The only other thing is to make sure you do not have the 'Use Si570-USB'
                > >> box checked, although that would also give you an error message when you run
                > >> the program.
                > >>
                > >> I seem to recall from a couple of years ago, v1.5 would run on a basic PC
                > >> using Windows 98se, but v3.x needed Win2000 as a minimum. Probably not
                > >> relevant.
                > >>
                > >> 73, Bob G8VOI
                > >>

                > >> --- In softrock40@yahoogroups.com <softrock40%40yahoogroups.com>, Don

              • Don Parks
                Message 7 of 15 , Jun 21, 2010
                  just what does

                      Not too sure what else to suggest apart from checking you have selected your sound card on the 'Audio' tab as the I/Q input correctly.

                  mean?

                  Don  K4IJV

                  Message 8 of 15 , Jun 21, 2010
                    From: "Don Parks"
                    Subject: Re: [softrock40] Re: Rocky 3.6

                    >just what does
                    Not too sure what else to suggest apart from checking you have selected
                    your sound card on the 'Audio' tab as the I/Q input correctly.
                    mean?

                    The selection made from "View - Settings - I/Q Input Device"
                    The Output Device is where your speakers are connected.

                    73 Alan G4ZFQ
                  • Don Parks
                    Message 9 of 15 , Jun 21, 2010
                      Alan,

                      Thanks for your help.  I am using the mike input on my HP Pavilion a 1320 n

                      It only appears to have 1 input (NO stereo) nor have i had any luck researching the PC on the Internet or calling the HP help line.

                      Don

                       Not too sure what else to suggest apart from checking you have selected
                      your sound card on the 'Audio' tab as the I/Q input correctly.
                      mean?

                      The selection made from "View - Settings - I/Q Input Device"
                      The Output Device is where your speakers are connected.

                      <*> Your email settings:
                         Individual Email | Traditional

                      <*> To change settings online go to:
                         (Yahoo! ID required)