Re: [softrock40] audio isolation transfomers

  • Andy
    Message 1 of 10 , Jul 2, 2009
      > i have a nasty ground loop with my emu1212; since it HAS
      > balanced line inputs, i put a couple of cheapie radio
      > shack isolation transformers (p/n 271-1374) in, and
      > re-wired to the balanced inputs, with twisted pairs only.
      > at $3 each, it was too cheap to pass up.

      This may be a really stupid and ignorant question on my part, but as long as
      the emu 1212 has balanced inputs, can't you use it with its balanced inputs
      without the transformers? If they are good electronically balanced inputs
      they mimic what a transformer does and break ground loops.

      Usually you can go from unbalanced to balanced OK; it's the other direction
      that may not work.

      Andy