Re: [softrock40] Softrock Lite 2.0 on 10M??

    Message 1 of 5 , Jul 1, 2009
      ----- Original Message -----
      From: "Robert Confrey
      Subject: RE: [softrock40] Softrock Lite 2.0 on 10M??

      Alan,
      I would consider using the Si570 as a stand alone osc. source but am
      a bit confused as to how to program it to startup on 37.666MHz.
      From following the traffic on the list it seems like there are various
      controllers for the 570 out there

      As you say, various methods are available. I have detailed some here
      http://homepages.wightcable.net/~g4zfq/Si570.htm
      If you just want one, or a few frequencies then the PIC/PICAXE is an option.
      However it is probably best to get an independent controller like
      http://www.sdr-kits.net/USB/USB_Description.html or my recommendation the
      Kees/John unit http://www.qsl.net/k5bcq/Kits/Kits.html The USB kit would,
      however, work with the SDR programs, the Kees one would need manually
      selecting memories as has recently been detailed. Both of these can be set
      to start at the frequency you need.

      73 Alan G4ZFQ
    • Robert Confrey (confrer)
      Message 2 of 5 , Jul 1, 2009
        Thanks!...Just what I was looking for...The Kees kit looks great....73...Bob...EDJ...