Re: DB9 pin out

  • f6hsi
    Message 1 of 14 , Jul 1, 2009
      --- In softrock40@yahoogroups.com, "n8ewy" <n8ewy@...> wrote:

      > Thank you Bob. That was most helpful. I already had my glasses on Alan, but coupled with a mad glass, I was able to see the numbering on this one. Just a rookie, sorta, here. Still learnin stuff every day. I love this crap!

      Hello Dohn,

      This is another day, so another opportunity to learn something. HI!

      Do you know that DB9 connectors don't exist?

      In fact it is a misuse of language. In the D-Sub series of connectors,

      the second letter is the shell size:

      A for 15 contacts,

      B for 25,

      C for 37,

      D for 50

      E for 9.

      So the correct name is DE9. And if you have 25 contacts it is DB25.

      In fact I must say the correct name begins with DE9, as 'normally' we

      have to add a lot of letters/figures to specify the exact model as

      they are a lot of variations about the shell itself(tinned or

      chromated for ex), the mounting options, the contact type(P for pin,

      S for socket), to solder cup or wire wrap, if wire wrap what length,

      straight PCB, right hand connector and other subtleties!

      Only my 2 cents...

      73's

      Francis.
    • Francis DUPONT
      Message 2 of 14 , Jul 1, 2009
        f6hsi a écrit :

        > straight PCB, right hand connector and other subtleties!

        of course it is:

        straight PCB, right angle connector and other subtleties!

        Sorry.

        73, Francis
      • Knight Ao
        Message 3 of 14 , Jul 1, 2009