Re: MOBO question - Important

  • alexle188
    Message 1 of 17 , Jun 30, 2009

      > Sounds good. I ordered the V6.3 RXTX this morning but there were no PA/Filter kits available. If you need any more beta builders let me know. Email off list to dmatt@... if this is an option.
      >
      > Is this like the previous board that had its own filters and did not use the PA/Filter kits? If so I will probably just get a 40 meter PA/Filter to play with when they are available.
      >
      > Dave

      Hi Dave,

      We will announce the Beta run when we are ready. You name will be on the Beta list for sure!!!

      Take a look at FILES > 9V1AL > motherboard > v4.3. The design files are all there.

      Mobo v4.3 has its own filters and PA, and will NOT use any of the PAF (or even the Rx filters).

      It is a good idea to have one PAF to play with, to make sure that the SR v6.3 board is working properly, before plugging in the mobo.

      Also note that mobo v4.3 has an onboard, inbuilt controller, an AT90USB162. So there is NO NEED for an external controller - not even the UBW :-(

      73's
      Alex
    • aa9wqham@aol.com
      Message 2 of 17 , Jul 1, 2009
        Hey Alex

        I have had a blast with the 3.6. Put me on the beta builder list if you need more. I have plenty of building experience and technical ability to help work out and kinks. I am setup for smt rework.and built.  I am a 2 way radio repairman retired. Plus I can afford to play with the kits. I have done 3 V9 receivers w/ABPF kits, 4 Lite II's kits for IF usage and a 6.3 (my favorite). I am really getting in to these's things. I am getting ready to order another 6.3 to play with.

        Larry W9AMR