Re: [softrock40] TS-440 IF

  • Milt Cram
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 7, 2009
      click_man2000 wrote:
      > Does anyone have experience in extracting the 8MHz IF from a TS-440 to feed into a Softrock?
      >
      > I'm knocked out by my 40m Softrock which I use with CW Skimmer as a spotting receiver.
      >
      > Now I want to go the next step and get a new Softrock to integrate with the Ts-440. Has anyone done it?
      >
      > Many thanks.
      > VE3MDX

      Hi,

      I no longer have my TS-440 (was zapped by lightning), but it looks like
      you could easily tap into the 8.83 MHz IF at J11 on the RF board. J11
      is ahead of the filters, and should provide a reasonably wide frequency
      range for a panadaptor. In addition, the signal is buffered with a
      Darlington pair of transistors to provide a low impedance output.

      The Softrock would require a different crystal. Perhaps Tony has some
      just for this IF.

      73, Milt
      W8NUE