Re: [softrock40] Weak sig detection & SoftRock Lite II on 10m?

  • Jeff Blaine
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 2, 2009
      Bill,

      While it's not a software solution - I do have a suggestion. Put a low
      noise pre in the front of that board - the sensitivity of the SR2 is
      somewhat less than the V9.0 although I do not yet have final numbers.
      Looks like it's about 5-10db or so though.

      A simple fix is to put a z10000 in front of it and that will drop your
      MDS by 10-15dbm depending on gain. If you omit the R906 resistor, the
      open loop gain is around 20dbm. Draws 20ma and has a nice NF.

      Loved the one I bought so much I purchased 2 more...

      Hope it helps!

      73/jeff/ac0c