Re: 20W Amplifier update + PA/Filter board for sale

  • applewiz67
    Message 1 of 4 , Jun 2, 2009
      Agreed,

      But it's upto the individual to set their output level appropriately. Very few amateur kit amplifiers have ALC, and mine does not. If driven at 15W PEP output, I found my design to have a clean signal using PSK31. Adding an ALC to cope with all possible modes would increase the price substantially.

      Circuits using Mitsubishi MOSFETs are a lot cleaner than those using IRF510s. The Mitsubishi are purpose designed for HF linear amplifiers.

      Overdriving the 1W standard Softrock will produce bad intermodulation, whatever follows it.

      -Rob