Re: [softrock40] Re: Dead Softrock v9

  • pe0fko
    Message 1 of 6 , Jun 1, 2009
      > the "Calibrate" button in the Calibrate tab it pops up a message box
      that says "SI570 chip not powered on?"
      As the code of ExtIO_Si570 shows the the "SI570 chip not powered on?"
      message appears when there is something wrong with the RECALL Si570
      command, the USB connection or the i2c bus error. I think the latest is
      the problem, also I read that the si570 registers returns all zero's.
      That means the I2C SDA line is connected to the ground, normal it is
      +3.3V. I expect somewhere a short (or a open of the R from SDA to +3.3V).

      73, Fred
      PE0FKO

      void CExtIOTabBladCalibrate::OnCaliNowA()
      {
      UpdateData();

      byte reg[6],i2cerror;

      // Register 135 RECALL
      if (usbControlMsgIN(0x20, (135 << 8) + Value.Si570.iI2CAddr, 0x01,
      (char*)&i2cerror, 1) == 1 &&
      i2cerror == 0)
      {
      if (usbGetSi570Registers(reg)) // Change
      freq to default startup
      {
      m_dXtalFreq = GetFreqFromReg(reg, 1.0); // Calc
      freq = xtal * RFREQ / N

      // xtal = freq / (RFREQ / N)
      m_dXtalFreq = Value.CAL.dFactoryStartupFreq / m_dXtalFreq;

      SetXTalFreq(m_dXtalFreq); // Set new xtal
      SetHWLO(Value.LOFrequency); // Reset
      to LO freq again

      SetXtalFreqText(m_dXtalFreq);
      UpdateData(false);

      return;
      }
      }

      AfxMessageBox("Si570 chip not powerd on?");
      }