Rocky I/Q files available anywhere?

  • Forrest
    Message 1 of 20 , May 31, 2009
      Will Rocky play an I/Q file recorded on someone else's equipment? Are any of those files available anywhere? I'm still trying to sort this SDR business out. I received one of the Softrock v9.0 Lite receivers and plan to get started with the construction before long.

      Thanks and 73,
      Randy KD8G
    • pe0fko
      Message 2 of 20 , Jun 1, 2009
        There are some big I/Q files on my website of the I/Q recorder program
        <http://home.ict.nl/~fredkrom/pe0fko/IQRec/>.

        73, Fred
        PE0FKO

        Forrest wrote:

        > Will Rocky play an I/Q file recorded on someone else's equipment? Are
        > any of those files available anywhere? I'm still trying to sort this
        > SDR business out. I received one of the Softrock v9.0 Lite receivers
        > and plan to get started with the construction before long.
        >
        > Thanks and 73,
        > Randy KD8G

      • R R Robson
        Message 3 of 20 , Jun 1, 2009
          see also http:/www.wb5rvz.com/sdr/resources/WINRAD_WB5RVZ_PSK_Sample_40m.wav

          Caution: 54Mb filesize makes for tedious downloads.

          TX ES 73
          DE Robby WB5RVZ
          NAQCC #2646

          Message 4 of 20 , Jun 1, 2009
            Hi all,

            we have seen requests for information and application relative to Panoramic or BandScope SDR receiver to apply to a commercial equipment using a SoftRock RX.
            Commercial equipment having a general coverage receiver have a upconversion IF between 45 to 70 MHz; not an "easy" request for a SoftRock. A Panoramic option has been designed for an IC775 as a team effort between me and Nicola Milillo, IZ7ANL. A similar application is being applied to a FT1000Field. The solution is not too complex; all the information is reported in an extract document and being loaded in Files.

            Hope this information is of interest.

            best 73

            Gian, I7SWX, and Nicola, IZ7ANL.
          • Giancarlo
            Message 5 of 20 , Jun 1, 2009
              File name is:

              I7SWX Commercial RX SDR Panoramic Option.pdf

              73

              Gian
              I7SWX

              --- In softrock40@yahoogroups.com, "Giancarlo" <i7swx@...> wrote:

              > Hi all,
              >
              > we have seen requests for information and application relative to Panoramic or BandScope SDR receiver to apply to a commercial equipment using a SoftRock RX.
              > Commercial equipment having a general coverage receiver have a upconversion IF between 45 to 70 MHz; not an "easy" request for a SoftRock. A Panoramic option has been designed for an IC775 as a team effort between me and Nicola Milillo, IZ7ANL. A similar application is being applied to a FT1000Field. The solution is not too complex; all the information is reported in an extract document and being loaded in Files.
              >
              > Hope this information is of interest.
              >
              > best 73
              >
              > Gian, I7SWX, and Nicola, IZ7ANL.

            • dan edwards
              Message 6 of 20 , Jun 2, 2009
                say, that seems like a great idea. get an 'I-Q' file and send it to my soundcard,
                with pc running sdr software. and perhaps evaluate my sound card?

                how do you do that? i'm thinking:

                physically connect a cable to the line in on the ound card.

                but wait, what am i to use to 'play' the I-Q file? (the other end of the cable)

                pardon my ignorance if this is really mundane..........

                73 from texas, w5xz, dan

                From: pe0fko <pe0fko@...>
                Subject: Re: [softrock40] Rocky I/Q files available anywhere?
                To: softrock40@yahoogroups.com
                Date: Monday, June 1, 2009, 8:53 AM

                Forrest wrote:

                > Will Rocky play an I/Q file recorded on someone else's equipment? Are
                > any of those files available anywhere? I'm still trying to sort this
                > SDR business out. I received one of the Softrock v9.0 Lite receivers
                > and plan to get started with the construction before long.
                >
                > Thanks and 73,
                > Randy KD8G

              • DUANE BAADE
                Message 7 of 20 , Jun 2, 2009
                  Dan,
                  Several of the SDR programs will allow you to play a recorded file through the program just as if you were actually receiving the signals through the hardware. I believe that Rocky and PowerSDR will allow you to do this.

                  Duane

                  From: pe0fko <pe0fko@...>
                  To: softrock40@yahoogroups.com
                  Date: Monday, June 1, 2009, 8:53 AM

                  Forrest wrote:

                  > Will Rocky play an I/Q file recorded on someone else's equipment? Are
                  > any of those files available anywhere? I'm still trying to sort this
                  > SDR business out. I received one of the Softrock v9.0 Lite receivers
                  > and plan to get started with the construction before long.
                  >
                  > Thanks and 73,
                  > Randy KD8G

                • Bruce Tanner
                  Message 8 of 20 , Jun 2, 2009
                    Dan, it is a downloaded file, you just play it from one of the software
                    aps. PSDR, Rocky and I believe WinRad all have a feature to play the
                    files. You don't need to even plug in a USB cable. Check the software
                    and you will see the feature I am talking about... usually in the 'files
                    or setup' section.

                    Bruce, K2BET
                    --------------------

                    dan edwards wrote:

                    > say, that seems like a great idea. get an 'I-Q' file and send it to my
                    > soundcard,
                    > with pc running sdr software. and perhaps evaluate my sound card?
                    >
                    > how do you do that? i'm thinking:
                    >
                    > physically connect a cable to the line in on the ound card.
                    >
                    > but wait, what am i to use to 'play' the I-Q file? (the other end of
                    > the cable)
                    >
                    > pardon my ignorance if this is really mundane..........
                    >
                    > 73 from texas, w5xz, dan
                    >

                    > From: pe0fko <pe0fko@...>
                    > Subject: Re: [softrock40] Rocky I/Q files available anywhere?
                    > To: softrock40@yahoogroups.com
                    > Date: Monday, June 1, 2009, 8:53 AM
                    >
                    > There are some big I/Q files on my website of the I/Q recorder
                    > program
                    > <http://home. ict.nl/~fredkrom /pe0fko/IQRec/
                    > <http://home.ict.nl/%7Efredkrom/pe0fko/IQRec/>>.
                    >
                    > 73, Fred
                    > PE0FKO
                    >
                    > Forrest wrote:
                    > >

                    > > Will Rocky play an I/Q file recorded on someone else's
                    > equipment? Are
                    > > any of those files available anywhere? I'm still trying to sort
                    > this
                    > > SDR business out. I received one of the Softrock v9.0 Lite
                    > receivers
                    > > and plan to get started with the construction before long.
                    > >
                    > > Thanks and 73,
                    > > Randy KD8G

                    > signature database 4123 (20090602) __________

                    > http://www.eset.com
                  • R R Robson
                    Message 9 of 20 , Jun 2, 2009
                      You can download an IQ file (careful - it's 54MB!) from:

                      TX ES 73
                      DE Robby WB5RVZ
                      NAQCC #2646

                      Sent: Tuesday, June 02, 2009 2:06 PM

                      ------------ --------

                      href="mailto:pe0fko%40xs4all.nl">pe0fko@xs4all. nl>
                      href="mailto:softrock40%40yahoogroups.com">softrock40@yahoogro ups.com

                      Date: Monday, June 1, 2009, 8:53 AM

                      href="http://home.">http://home. ict.nl/~fredkrom /pe0fko/IQRec/

                      __________

                      > The message was checked by ESET Smart
                      Security.

                      href="http://www.eset.com">http://www.eset. com

                    • R R Robson
                      Message 10 of 20 , Jun 2, 2009
                        Another, shorter wav file (compressed with WINZIP) is also available at:

                        TX ES 73
                        DE Robby WB5RVZ
                        NAQCC #2646

                        Sent: Tuesday, June 02, 2009 2:06 PM

                        Date: Monday, June 1, 2009, 8:53 AM

                        > There are some big I/Q files
                        on my website of the I/Q recorder
                        > program
                        > <
                        href="http://home.">http://home. ict.nl/~fredkrom /pe0fko/IQRec/

                        <http://home. ict.nl/%7Efredkr om/pe0fko/ IQRec/>>.

                        73, Fred
                        > PE0FKO
                        >
                        > Forrest wrote:
                        > >

                        > > Will Rocky play an I/Q file recorded on someone else's

                        equipment? Are
                        > > any of those files available anywhere? I'm still
                        trying to sort
                        > this
                        > > SDR business out. I received one of the
                        Softrock v9.0 Lite
                        > receivers
                        > > and plan to get started with
                        the construction before long.

                        > > Thanks and 73,
                        > > Randy KD8G
                        > >

                        > __________ Information from ESET Smart Security,
                        version of virus
                        > signature database 4123 (20090602)
                        __________

                        > The message was checked by ESET Smart
                        Security.

                        href="http://www.eset.com">http://www.eset. com

                      • G3XTZ
                        Message 11 of 20 , Jun 2, 2009
                          Does not seem to be there !

                          Sent: Tuesday, June 02, 2009 2:06 PM

                          dan edwards wrote:

                          > say, that seems like a great idea. get an 'I-Q' file and send it to my
                          > soundcard,
                          > with pc running sdr software. and perhaps evaluate my sound card?
                          >
                          > how do you do that? i'm thinking:
                          >
                          > physically connect a cable to the line in on the ound card.
                          >
                          > but wait, what am i to use to 'play' the I-Q file? (the other end of
                          > the cable)
                          >
                          > pardon my ignorance if this is really mundane..... .....
                          >
                          > 73 from texas, w5xz, dan
                          >

                          > From: pe0fko <pe0fko@xs4all. nl>
                          > Subject: Re: [softrock40] Rocky I/Q files available anywhere?
                          > To: softrock40@yahoogro ups.com
                          > Date: Monday, June 1, 2009, 8:53 AM
                          >
                          > There are some big I/Q files on my website of the I/Q recorder
                          > program
                          > <http://home. ict.nl/~fredkrom /pe0fko/IQRec/
                          > <http://home. ict.nl/%7Efredkr om/pe0fko/ IQRec/>>.
                          >
                          > 73, Fred
                          > PE0FKO
                          >
                          > Forrest wrote:
                          > >

                          > > Will Rocky play an I/Q file recorded on someone else's
                          > equipment? Are
                          > > any of those files available anywhere? I'm still trying to sort
                          > this
                          > > SDR business out. I received one of the Softrock v9.0 Lite
                          > receivers
                          > > and plan to get started with the construction before long.
                          > >
                          > > Thanks and 73,
                          > > Randy KD8G

                          > signature database 4123 (20090602) __________

                          > http://www.eset. com

                        • R R Robson
                          Message 12 of 20 , Jun 2, 2009

                            Sorry - typo.  You would think I knew my own call was NOT wbr5rvz!

                            TX ES 73
                            DE Robby WB5RVZ
                            NAQCC #2646

                            Sent: Tuesday, June 02, 2009 2:06 PM

                            dan edwards wrote:

                            > say, that seems like a great idea. get an 'I-Q' file and send it to my
                            > soundcard,
                            > with pc running sdr software. and perhaps evaluate my sound card?
                            >
                            > how do you do that? i'm thinking:
                            >
                            > physically connect a cable to the line in on the ound card.
                            >
                            > but wait, what am i to use to 'play' the I-Q file? (the other end of
                            > the cable)
                            >
                            > pardon my ignorance if this is really mundane..... .....
                            >
                            > 73 from texas, w5xz, dan
                            >

                            > From: pe0fko <pe0fko@xs4all. nl>
                            > Subject: Re: [softrock40] Rocky I/Q files available anywhere?
                            > To: softrock40@yahoogro ups.com
                            > Date: Monday, June 1, 2009, 8:53 AM
                            >
                            > There are some big I/Q files on my website of the I/Q recorder
                            > program
                            > <http://home. ict.nl/~fredkrom /pe0fko/IQRec/
                            > <http://home. ict.nl/%7Efredkr om/pe0fko/ IQRec/>>.
                            >
                            > 73, Fred
                            > PE0FKO
                            >
                            > Forrest wrote:
                            > >

                            > > Will Rocky play an I/Q file recorded on someone else's
                            > equipment? Are
                            > > any of those files available anywhere? I'm still trying to sort
                            > this
                            > > SDR business out. I received one of the Softrock v9.0 Lite
                            > receivers
                            > > and plan to get started with the construction before long.
                            > >
                            > > Thanks and 73,
                            > > Randy KD8G

                            > signature database 4123 (20090602) __________

                            > http://www.eset. com

                          • Bruce Tanner
                            Message 13 of 20 , Jun 2, 2009
                              You have heard of screws being left over at the end of a project...
                              well.. sometimes, letters are the culprit! :)

                              bet

                              R R Robson wrote:

                              > http://www.wb5rvz.com/sdr/resources/WINRAD_WB5RVZ_PSK_Sample_40m.wav
                              > <http://www.wb5rvz.com/sdr/resources/WINRAD_WB5RVZ_PSK_Sample_40m.wav>
                              >

                              > Sorry - typo. You would think I knew my own call was NOT wbr5rvz!
                              >
                              > TX ES 73
                              > DE Robby WB5RVZ
                              > NAQCC #2646

                            • dan edwards
                              Message 14 of 20 , Jun 7, 2009
                                hey fred, PE0FKO

                                i took the time to download those BIG I-Q wave files from the netherlands.

                                fiddled with powerSDR in demo mode a bit, and.........

                                WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!! an IQ wave file big enough that i have time to tune around
                                and fiddle with the receiver a LOT.

                                (just cant make it stop, but i dont want to!)

                                as a semi-retired dx contester, that cw files is AWESOME!!!

                                thanks for putting it up.

                                next, the ssb file

                                73 from texas, w5xz, dan

                                Sent: Tuesday, June 02, 2009 2:06 PM

                                dan edwards wrote:

                                > say, that seems like a great idea. get an 'I-Q' file and send it to my
                                > soundcard,
                                > with pc running sdr software. and perhaps evaluate my sound card?
                                >
                                > how do you do that? i'm thinking:
                                >
                                > physically connect a cable to the line in on the ound card.
                                >
                                > but wait, what am i to use to 'play' the I-Q file? (the other end of
                                > the cable)
                                >
                                > pardon my ignorance if this is really mundane..... .....
                                >
                                > 73 from texas, w5xz, dan
                                >

                                > From: pe0fko <pe0fko@xs4all. nl>
                                > Subject: Re: [softrock40] Rocky I/Q files available anywhere?
                                > To: softrock40@yahoogro ups.com
                                > Date: Monday, June 1, 2009, 8:53 AM
                                >
                                > There are some big I/Q files on my website of the I/Q recorder
                                > program
                                > <http://home. ict.nl/~fredkrom /pe0fko/IQRec/
                                > <http://home. ict.nl/%7Efredkr om/pe0fko/ IQRec/>>.
                                >
                                > 73, Fred
                                > PE0FKO
                                >
                                > Forrest wrote:
                                > >

                                > > Will Rocky play an I/Q file recorded on someone else's
                                > equipment? Are
                                > > any of those files available anywhere? I'm still trying to sort
                                > this
                                > > SDR business out. I received one of the Softrock v9.0 Lite
                                > receivers
                                > > and plan to get started with the construction before long.
                                > >
                                > > Thanks and 73,
                                > > Randy KD8G

                                > signature database 4123 (20090602) __________

                                > http://www.eset. com
                              • pe0fko
                                Message 15 of 20 , Jun 8, 2009
                                  Hi Dan,

                                  Nice you like the file that much.
                                  It is funny that you listening in Texas to the stations I received here over in Holland with a 14m wire antenna.
                                  It is indeed a big file (30 minutes), all the noise cannot be compressed without losing some data. If some like I have more of those files, in fact I have 4 day's of data file from the two contest. I can change the file on the website for a new one.
                                  It is some times a hard load for the web server, this month only 58 times the file's where downloaded.

                                  73, Fred
                                  PE0FKO

                                  Sent: Tuesday, June 02, 2009 2:06 PM

                                  dan edwards wrote:

                                  > say, that seems like a great idea. get an 'I-Q' file and send it to my
                                  > soundcard,
                                  > with pc running sdr software. and perhaps evaluate my sound card?
                                  >
                                  > how do you do that? i'm thinking:
                                  >
                                  > physically connect a cable to the line in on the ound card.
                                  >
                                  > but wait, what am i to use to 'play' the I-Q file? (the other end of
                                  > the cable)
                                  >
                                  > pardon my ignorance if this is really mundane..... .....
                                  >
                                  > 73 from texas, w5xz, dan
                                  >

                                  > From: pe0fko <pe0fko@xs4all. nl>
                                  > Subject: Re: [softrock40] Rocky I/Q files available anywhere?
                                  > To: softrock40@yahoogro ups.com
                                  > Date: Monday, June 1, 2009, 8:53 AM
                                  >
                                  > There are some big I/Q files on my website of the I/Q recorder
                                  > program
                                  > <http://home. ict.nl/~fredkrom /pe0fko/IQRec/
                                  > <http://home. ict.nl/%7Efredkr om/pe0fko/ IQRec/>>.
                                  >
                                  > 73, Fred
                                  > PE0FKO
                                  >
                                  > Forrest wrote:
                                  > >

                                  > > Will Rocky play an I/Q file recorded on someone else's
                                  > equipment? Are
                                  > > any of those files available anywhere? I'm still trying to sort
                                  > this
                                  > > SDR business out. I received one of the Softrock v9.0 Lite
                                  > receivers
                                  > > and plan to get started with the construction before long.
                                  > >
                                  > > Thanks and 73,
                                  > > Randy KD8G

                                  > signature database 4123 (20090602) __________

                                  > http://www.eset. com

                                • dan edwards
                                  Message 16 of 20 , Jun 8, 2009
                                    hi again fred

                                    well over here with cheap-o home dsl service, it took about 3 hrs to
                                    download 650 megabytes; did it while i was working in the garden!

                                    i dont know what the relationship between mb of IQ file to actual
                                    "play time" is, but perhaps you do?

                                    i would think a 10 or 15 minute length file 'play' time would be
                                    big enough, especially when there is propagation to north america.
                                    most of the other IQ wave files I have found are too small to give a beginner enough
                                    time to really play with all the receiver controls and tune around
                                    a bit.

                                    as a dx contester:

                                    its quite interesting to listen to. seems the european sigs that are
                                    really loud there are also good copy here, mostly. its also very
                                    cool to hear my friend W5WMU, where I get to guest op periodically,
                                    hammering away, from YOUR end! and the 'big gun' east coast
                                    stations, too.

                                    thanks again for committing the resources. seems very '21st century'
                                    to me!

                                    w5xz, texaa

                                    Sent: Tuesday, June 02, 2009 2:06 PM

                                    dan edwards wrote:

                                    > say, that seems like a great idea. get an 'I-Q' file and send it to my
                                    > soundcard,
                                    > with pc running sdr software. and perhaps evaluate my sound card?
                                    >
                                    > how do you do that? i'm thinking:
                                    >
                                    > physically connect a cable to the line in on the ound card.
                                    >
                                    > but wait, what am i to use to 'play' the I-Q file? (the other end of
                                    > the cable)
                                    >
                                    > pardon my ignorance if this is really mundane..... .....
                                    >
                                    > 73 from texas, w5xz, dan
                                    >

                                    > From: pe0fko <pe0fko@xs4all. nl>
                                    > Subject: Re: [softrock40] Rocky I/Q files available anywhere?
                                    > To: softrock40@yahoogro ups.com
                                    > Date: Monday, June 1, 2009, 8:53 AM
                                    >
                                    > There are some big I/Q files on my website of the I/Q recorder
                                    > program
                                    > <http://home. ict.nl/~fredkrom /pe0fko/IQRec/
                                    > <http://home. ict.nl/%7Efredkr om/pe0fko/ IQRec/>>.
                                    >
                                    > 73, Fred
                                    > PE0FKO
                                    >
                                    > Forrest wrote:
                                    > >

                                    > > Will Rocky play an I/Q file recorded on someone else's
                                    > equipment? Are
                                    > > any of those files available anywhere? I'm still trying to sort
                                    > this
                                    > > SDR business out. I received one of the Softrock v9.0 Lite
                                    > receivers
                                    > > and plan to get started with the construction before long.
                                    > >
                                    > > Thanks and 73,
                                    > > Randy KD8G

                                    > signature database 4123 (20090602) __________

                                    > http://www.eset. com
                                  • Chris
                                    Message 17 of 20 , Jun 8, 2009
                                      Give seven zip, abbreviated as 7z a try. It's lossless and saves a fair amount on file size.

                                      Free software too.

                                      Sent: Tuesday, June 02, 2009 2:06 PM

                                      dan edwards wrote:

                                      > say, that seems like a great idea. get an 'I-Q' file and send it to my
                                      > soundcard,
                                      > with pc running sdr software. and perhaps evaluate my sound card?
                                      >
                                      > how do you do that? i'm thinking:
                                      >
                                      > physically connect a cable to the line in on the ound card.
                                      >
                                      > but wait, what am i to use to 'play' the I-Q file? (the other end of
                                      > the cable)
                                      >
                                      > pardon my ignorance if this is really mundane..... .....
                                      >
                                      > 73 from texas, w5xz, dan
                                      >

                                      > From: pe0fko <pe0fko@xs4all. nl>
                                      > Subject: Re: [softrock40] Rocky I/Q files available anywhere?
                                      > To: softrock40@yahoogro ups.com
                                      > Date: Monday, June 1, 2009, 8:53 AM
                                      >
                                      > There are some big I/Q files on my website of the I/Q recorder
                                      > program
                                      > <http://home. ict.nl/~fredkrom /pe0fko/IQRec/
                                      > <http://home. ict.nl/%7Efredkr om/pe0fko/ IQRec/>>.
                                      >
                                      > 73, Fred
                                      > PE0FKO
                                      >
                                      > Forrest wrote:
                                      > >

                                      > > Will Rocky play an I/Q file recorded on someone else's
                                      > equipment? Are
                                      > > any of those files available anywhere? I'm still trying to sort
                                      > this
                                      > > SDR business out. I received one of the Softrock v9.0 Lite
                                      > receivers
                                      > > and plan to get started with the construction before long.
                                      > >
                                      > > Thanks and 73,
                                      > > Randy KD8G

                                      > signature database 4123 (20090602) __________

                                      > http://www.eset. com

                                    • pe0fko
                                      Message 18 of 20 , Jun 8, 2009
                                        Compressing white noise data will not give a compression, never try ed 7zip but expect not a big change in file size.

                                        @Dan: the file size at 96ks/s and 16 bit stereo is 16/8 * 2 * 96 = 384 Kbyte/sec --> 23MByte/min

                                        73, Fred
                                        PE0FKO

                                        Sent: Tuesday, June 02, 2009 2:06 PM

                                        dan edwards wrote:

                                        > say, that seems like a great idea. get an 'I-Q' file and send it to my
                                        > soundcard,
                                        > with pc running sdr software. and perhaps evaluate my sound card?
                                        >
                                        > how do you do that? i'm thinking:
                                        >
                                        > physically connect a cable to the line in on the ound card.
                                        >
                                        > but wait, what am i to use to 'play' the I-Q file? (the other end of
                                        > the cable)
                                        >
                                        > pardon my ignorance if this is really mundane..... .....
                                        >
                                        > 73 from texas, w5xz, dan
                                        >

                                        > From: pe0fko <pe0fko@xs4all. nl>
                                        > Subject: Re: [softrock40] Rocky I/Q files available anywhere?
                                        > To: softrock40@yahoogro ups.com
                                        > Date: Monda y, June 1, 2009, 8:53 AM
                                        >
                                        > There are some big I/Q files on my website of the I/Q recorder
                                        > program
                                        > <http://home. ict.nl/~fredkrom /pe0fko/IQRec/
                                        > <http://home. ict.nl/%7Efredkr om/pe0fko/ IQRec/>>.
                                        >
                                        > 73, Fred
                                        > PE0FKO
                                        >
                                        > Forrest wrote:
                                        > >

                                        > > Will Rocky play an I/Q file recorded on someone else's
                                        > equipment? Are
                                        > > any of those files available anywhere? I'm still trying to sort
                                        > this
                                        > > SDR business out. I received one of the Softrock v9.0 Lite
                                        > receivers
                                        > > and plan to get started with the construction before long.
                                        > >
                                        > > Thanks and 73,
                                        > > Randy KD8G

                                        > signature database 4123 (20090602) __________

                                        > http://www.eset. com

                                      • Forrest
                                        Message 19 of 20 , Jun 8, 2009
                                          Fred,

                                          The file was amazing to listen to. It truly is a "slice of time" preserved for later. The concept of recording a big chunk of the band just blows me away. I preferred using WinRad to Rocky but both did a great job.

                                          If you have more files available I'd love to download them too. I would really like to hear some North American SS or Field Day CW files. Once I get set up I'll have to try my hand at recording.

                                          Thanks es 73,
                                          Randy KD8G
                                        • pe0fko
                                          Message 20 of 20 , Jun 8, 2009
                                            >> It truly is a "slice of time" preserved for later.
                                            The "Time machine" <http://www.expandedspectrumsystems.com/prod2.html> was actual one of the SDR RX and TX that I looked at many years ago. It stores the data in the beginning on a video recorder :-)

                                            The I&Q data files can also be transmitted with v.a. a softrock RXTX to play with your receiver. :-)

                                            73, Fred
                                            PE0FKO