usbsoftrock-0.3 LINUX usb control of Si570

  • alexle188
    Message 1 of 615 , May 30, 2009
      --- In softrock40@yahoogroups.com, "andrew.nilsson" <andrew.nilsson@...> wrote:

      > --- In softrock40@yahoogroups.com, Sid Boyce <sboyce@> wrote:
      >
      > > It builds under openSUSE 11.2 Milestone1 x86_64. I shall give it a try
      > > later with the UBW.
      > > The UBW has 2 pins to allow switching 4 BPF's. My next move now I have
      > > got the setup working in Linux is to install Alex's ABPF board this evening.
      > > One good addition would be some key functions to allow incrementing and
      > > decrementing frequency, like PowerSDR, etc. that use keys q, w, e, r
      > > etc. for different incremental frequency steps and a,s, d f, etc. for
      > > decrementing.
      >
      > I hadn't actually thought of doing it like that, since I was expecting the SDR programs would handle that and pass though commands, but it's probably not a lot of work to add something like you describe. Useful for testing at the least.
      >
      > Good news on the compile.
      >
      > Andrew

      Hi Andrew & Sid,

      I have successfully compiled and tested usbsoftrock-0.3 under Ubuntu 9.04 64 bits. Thanks Andrew for the great work!

      It works beautifully with the UBW Emulator firmware v15.10 on a UBW. In fact this is the ONLY program that returns the filter crossover setting points of the LPF filters (in addition to the BPF filter crossover points) on my UBW !!! Fred has not updated his ExtIO.dll to read and set the LPF filters yet.

      I now have a running SDR in Linux for Rx, using:

      1. Quisk
      2. usbsoftrock for Si570 control

      One problem I have not solved yet is the human audio output volume - it is quite soft, even when I set all output volume to maximum in alsamixer.

      After I have fixed the monitoring audio output volume problem, I will attempt Tx.

      I don't know python but I'll study Quisk to see how I can interface Quisk to usbsoftrock - so that Si570 control can be done in Quisk GUI itself.

      73's

      Alex
    • softrock40@yahoogroups.com
      Message 615 of 615 , Feb 5 4:29 AM
        Hello,

        a file has been uploaded to the Files area of the softrock40
        group.

        File : /G3VNC/start_cw_60m.sh
        Uploaded by : g3vnc <g3vnc@...>
        Description :