Re: WARNING - My mistake with 6.3

  • ross4435897
    Message 1 of 10 , May 2 12:06 PM
      Thank you Robby!
      73!
      Ross
      OK5AZ

      --- In softrock40@yahoogroups.com, "R R Robson" <rrrobson@...> wrote:

      > DOH! That never occurred to me. I now recall I had put some of TI's graphics on the page to help in the many ways one can identify the 1 pin. One of the graphics spoke of that U and it just connected with me that my "U" as in "U1" of "U2" might be confused with the U shaped indentation on the chip itself.
      >
      > Hopefully the clarification I just added will help prevent such a misunderstanding in the future (see the new page).
      >
      > Mea culpa!
      >
      > TX ES 73
      > DE Robby WB5RVZ
      > NAQCC #2646

    • R R Robson
      Message 2 of 10 , May 2 12:20 PM
        TX, Mike.  I doubt there is any likelihood of someone making that mistake with U8, however.  The biggest problem with U8 is actually seeing the little bugger!

        TX ES 73
        DE Robby WB5RVZ
        NAQCC #2646

        Sent: Saturday, May 02, 2009 11:53 AM
        Subject: [softrock40] Re: WARNING - My mistake with 6.3

        --- In softrock40@yahoogro ups.com, "Dale J. Robertson" <dale@...> wrote:

        > I believe he is
        (mis)interpreting the silkscreened "U" in U1 U2 etc as a
        > package key
        mark.
        > like the molded indent in some DIP packages.
        Hi Dale,

        I think you are right !! I see the same thing for U8 in the oscillator section.

        73, Mike Collins KF4BQ