rxtx v6.1 80/40

  • Paul Radge
    Message 1 of 3 , May 2, 2009
      Hi all,
                I've recently pulled my v6.1 rxtx back out of the draw for another attempt to get it working,This time i'm using a D44 sound card with Tony's breakout card.The kit is still in test mode ie stting on the bench with cables and wires running here n there ,,i've not connected any audio transformers or 1:1 transformers on the antenna as yet.

      With Rocky 3.6
      It recieves very well and when i put the kit into psk31 mode and with tx activated i can measure over 2 watts on the output so the D44 is a major improvement of where i was at a couple of years ago.

      The transmitted signal is not on the rx frequency though and is at the LO ,,7.056 on 40m.Wonder if anyone has any helpfull comment son that ????

      Using SDR v1.9.0 sr40
       Receive is ok ,,only ok as there's another image ie when listenning to a station on 40m i can see an image on the panadapter of the station i'm listenning to,,,when i move to that image it sounds like the upper sideband.

      When i press tune button i can measure only 1/2 watt on my meter but it is on the frequency i'm listenning to when monitored on a second radio,,,,tune power is set to 100 and drive is set to 100.When i try SSB i can hear my own whistle on the second receiver but thats all.
      I have VAC4.09 and com0com so later int he weekend i will a 3rd party digital program,

      I seem to be stuck as Rocky will give me full power but only on the LO and SDRsr40 will give me very little power at the right frequency.I'd like to think that i've got software issues to resolve and not hardware with the V6.1 rxtx.

      Any advice more than welcome,,,my CW ears fell off sometime ago so my main goal at the moment is to use the kit on SSB or psk.

      regards
      Paul
      vk3ddu

    • Paul Radge
      Message 2 of 3 , May 2, 2009
        an amendment to this post of mine,,

        i've adjusted the D44 consol panel and now have my 2.5w output there to using PSDRsr40 and a friend of mine can here it several kilometres away at s7 so i'm happy about that.

        i still can not pass any audio through the system,,,,i have a heil mic connected to the D44 breakout board input which works on my SDR1000 ok but no audio passing through the PSDRsr40.On receive i'm picking up the audio from the speaker output of the breakout board and the pdf set up file for PSDRsr40 suggests i should use the head phones out from the softrock but there's no audio there.
         When i use Rocky audio does come from there though and not the breakout board.

        another question ,,,
             when i press mox the RTS line does not go high,,,,??,,when i change software to WSJT and press tx RTS does go high so i'm a little lost why PSDR sr40 will not find the com port,,,from using WSJT i know it's com port 1 and i do have that configuration within set up of PSDRsr40 tab ,,,,

        i also need to know how to do a rx image rejection on the PSDRsr40 as listening tonight on 40m i can see i have a image problem also,,,

        hoping someone else has already been through this and can help me with these final hurdles
        regards
        Paul
        vk3ddu

        Message 3 of 3 , May 3, 2009
          crickey ...must be the header v6.1 that makes my posts invisible to the world,,,