VFO & Bandswitch Isolators

  • graemevj
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 30, 2009
      I have just finished building a UBW with ISO7240C quad isolator by Texas Instruments. I am isolating the 3 signal lines to my DDS-60 vfo and it works 100%. There is no noise from the chip and the switching is fast and clean. My next step is to isolate the band switch ports from the UBW but I need to wire in another chip as there are only 4 channels on the one I used and I need 2 for the BPF plus 1 for the keyer (maybe 2 for iambic). I realise that these chips won't isolate a I2C bus but are fine for the rest of the signals. They would be great for a SI570 setup in conjunction with an ADUM1251ARZ in the I2C bus plus transformers in the audio line to give a full featured but isolated from the computer softrock. Room for experimenting here!

      73 Graeme ZL2APV