Filter Switch Points

  • g4rqj
    Message 1 of 5 , Apr 2, 2009
      My v9 is now running well with winrad 1.32 but I see that the first filter change is at 3 MHz which puts the wrong filter in for 80M. Can this be configured from the program or is it determined by the .dll?
      Sorry to have so many questions
      Rob
      G4RQJ
    • g8voip
      Message 2 of 5 , Apr 2, 2009
        Hi Rob,

        Which version of the firmware and dll are you using?

        When you have Winrad running, press the 'H' key to call up the firmware setup screens.

        The 'ABPF' mode is the best one to use. You can set the filter switch points, normally set at 4, 8 & 16MHz.

        In the 'BPF mode, you can set each band start and stop points, normally 1.5 - 4, 4 -8, 8 16, 16 - 30MHz.

        Only enable one mode, normally the default is 'ABPF'

        73, Bob G8VOI

        --- In softrock40@yahoogroups.com, "g4rqj" <robandaud@...> wrote:

        > My v9 is now running well with winrad 1.32 but I see that the first filter change is at 3 MHz which puts the wrong filter in for 80M. Can this be configured from the program or is it determined by the .dll?
        > Sorry to have so many questions
        > Rob
        > G4RQJ

      • g4rqj
        Message 3 of 5 , Apr 2, 2009
          Hi Bob
          I'm getting really old and stupid. Forgot all about those tabs!
          I can now run using BPF ok but ABPF defaults to "no auto BPF in DG8SAQ software" so guess I still have the wrong dll or firmware.
          The firmware is aTiny 85 from Tony with his latest I hope and dll,s in the winrad directory are Winradpx.dll and extioSi570.dll.
          Rob
          G4RQJ/G8AOR

          In softrock40@yahoogroups.com, "g8voip" <g8voi.reeves59@...> wrote:

          > Hi Rob,
          >
          > Which version of the firmware and dll are you using?
          >
          > When you have Winrad running, press the 'H' key to call up the firmware setup screens.
          >
          > The 'ABPF' mode is the best one to use. You can set the filter switch points, normally set at 4, 8 & 16MHz.
          >
          > In the 'BPF mode, you can set each band start and stop points, normally 1.5 - 4, 4 -8, 8 16, 16 - 30MHz.
          >
          > Only enable one mode, normally the default is 'ABPF'
          >
          > 73, Bob G8VOI
          >

          > --- In softrock40@yahoogroups.com, "g4rqj" <robandaud@> wrote:
          > >
          > > My v9 is now running well with winrad 1.32 but I see that the first filter change is at 3 MHz which puts the wrong filter in for 80M. Can this be configured from the program or is it determined by the .dll?
          > > Sorry to have so many questions
          > > Rob
          > > G4RQJ

        • Jose Bonanca
          Message 4 of 5 , Apr 2, 2009
            Hi The DLL should the FRED .07

            73

            --
            Jose (Ct1aos)
          • g8voip
            Message 5 of 5 , Apr 2, 2009
              Hi Rob,

              The 'ABPF' mode is only available using Fred's PE0FKO's version of the firmware.

              That's the great advantage as it provides the full support for auto band switching using Rocky v3.6 etc. and the 'smooth tuning' within the firmware allows you to use Christos PSDR-IQ v1.12.20 as well.

              With the v2.0 firmware you are limited to Winrad with Fred's supporting dll file, and PSDR v1.9.0 sr40 or PSDR v1.16.1 or 2.

              73, Bob G8VOI