Re: [softrock40] Si570 programming

  • keletso shabane
    Message 1 of 10 , Apr 1, 2009
      thank you for your response.
      Do you have a circuit to connect the PIC to the softrock v9 board.the thing is i have the si570 already soldered on the v9 board. I have a PIC16F628.

      Message 2 of 10 , Apr 1, 2009
        Hi Keletso,

        In case the PIC16F628 is supplied with 3.3V you can link two I/O ports directly to
        the SDA/SCL lines. In case an other supply is used, the port level should be
        translated. Note that the I/O port must be switched by tri-state output as I2C bus
        follow pull-up I/O.

        73, Guido
        PE1NNZ

        Message 3 of 10 , Apr 4, 2009
          Hi all,
          as I have got an SI570 I liked to operate it without a PC.
          I am using ATMEGA 8 processors and BASCOM from MCSL electronics.
          Has anyone an idea on where to get the software to tune SI570 and changing the steps ?
          73, Gerry,  OE6HGG

          Message 4 of 10 , Apr 4, 2009
            --- In softrock40@yahoogroups.com, Gerry Huss <gerryhombre007@...> wrote:

            > Hi all,
            > as I have got an SI570 I liked to operate it without a PC.
            > I am using ATMEGA 8 processors and BASCOM from MCSL electronics.
            > Has anyone an idea on where to get the software to tune SI570 and changing the steps ?
            > 73, Gerry,  OE6HGG

            For BASCOM and the Si570, check out the Files section and look for
            *W7QJQ Si570,571,...

            Also, Francis F6HSI has done similar.

            73, Sid W7QJQ
            Oklahoma