Si570 programming

  • klts28
    Message 1 of 10 , Apr 1, 2009
      Hi all
      Does anyone know how to program the Si570 to increase its frequency in steps. If anyone knows, please share with me, i'm knew to this.

      thank you
      Message 2 of 10 , Apr 1, 2009
        From: "klts28" > Does anyone know how to program the Si570 to increase its
        frequency in steps. If anyone knows, please share with me, i'm knew to this.

        You do not say exactly what you are thinking of.
        I have put all I know here http://homepages.wightcable.net/~g4zfq/Si570.htm

        73 Alan G4ZFQ
      • Guido
        Message 3 of 10 , Apr 1, 2009
          The si570 does not have a facility to automatically increase its frequency like a sweep. However,
          with the help from a microcontroller, the si570 can be re-tuned within about 100µs as long
          the frequency change is within 3500ppm. This makes it possible to increase the frequency in steps
          with a fast rate. For steps larger than 3500ppm, the si570 can be re-tuned within about 10ms.
          Did this answer fit to your question?

          73 Guido
          PE1NNZ

          On Wed, Apr 1, 2009 at 5:03 PM, klts28 <klts28@...> wrote:
          Hi all
          Does anyone know how to program the Si570 to increase its frequency in steps. If anyone knows, please share with me, i'm knew to this.

           thank you

          <*> Your email settings:
             Individual Email | Traditional

          <*> To change settings online go to:
             (Yahoo! ID required)

          <*> To change settings via email:
             mailto:softrock40-digest@yahoogroups.com
             mailto:softrock40-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

             http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

        • keletso shabane
          Message 4 of 10 , Apr 1, 2009
            thank you for your response.
            Do you have a circuit to connect the PIC to the softrock v9 board.the thing is i have the si570 already soldered on the v9 board. I have a PIC16F628.

               http://groups. yahoo.com/ group/softrock40 /join

               softrock40-unsubscr ibe@yahoogroups. com

            Message 5 of 10 , Apr 1, 2009
              Hi Keletso,

              In case the PIC16F628 is supplied with 3.3V you can link two I/O ports directly to
              the SDA/SCL lines. In case an other supply is used, the port level should be
              translated. Note that the I/O port must be switched by tri-state output as I2C bus
              follow pull-up I/O.

              73, Guido
              PE1NNZ

              Message 6 of 10 , Apr 4, 2009
                Hi all,
                as I have got an SI570 I liked to operate it without a PC.
                I am using ATMEGA 8 processors and BASCOM from MCSL electronics.
                Has anyone an idea on where to get the software to tune SI570 and changing the steps ?
                73, Gerry,  OE6HGG

                Message 7 of 10 , Apr 4, 2009
                  --- In softrock40@yahoogroups.com, Gerry Huss <gerryhombre007@...> wrote:

                  > Hi all,
                  > as I have got an SI570 I liked to operate it without a PC.
                  > I am using ATMEGA 8 processors and BASCOM from MCSL electronics.
                  > Has anyone an idea on where to get the software to tune SI570 and changing the steps ?
                  > 73, Gerry,  OE6HGG

                  For BASCOM and the Si570, check out the Files section and look for
                  *W7QJQ Si570,571,...

                  Also, Francis F6HSI has done similar.

                  73, Sid W7QJQ
                  Oklahoma