Nice magnifying headband at Harbor Freight

  • wa3drc_18954
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 1, 2009
      I was in a HF store yesterday and saw a headband w/ new bright led lamp and a box of 4 varying strength magnifying lenses. I got it to try and was impressed by what $10 can buy there.

      I used the 3.5x lens and could see the small leads and spaces between on the real tiny IC's. The light would illuminate the area of interest.

      I wish I had these when I built my RxTx6.3! Maybe I need to build another...

      check 'em out

      Ed wa3drc

      http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/ctaf/displayitem.taf?Itemnumber=95890
    • Leonard
      Message 2 of 2 , Apr 1, 2009
        --- In softrock40@yahoogroups.com, "wa3drc_18954" <edfinn1@...> wrote:

        > I was in a HF store yesterday and saw a headband w/ new bright led lamp and a box of 4 varying strength magnifying lenses. I got it to try and was impressed by what $10 can buy there.
        >
        > I used the 3.5x lens and could see the small leads and spaces between on the real tiny IC's. The light would illuminate the area of interest.
        >
        > I wish I had these when I built my RxTx6.3! Maybe I need to build another...
        >
        > check 'em out
        >
        > Ed wa3drc
        >
        > http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/ctaf/displayitem.taf?Itemnumber=95890

        I bought that and one of the desktop magnifier's monday http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/ctaf/Displayitem.taf?itemnumber=96358