Re: [softrock40] need advice on what kit to buy in India

  • Tony Parks
    Message 1 of 7 , Apr 1, 2009
      Hi George,

      A low cost way to try an SDR receiver is the SoftRock Lite II kit.  For example: the Lite II kit for 40m operation has a DX price of $11 which includes the DX postage.

      The Lite II kit does have some SMT soldering of 1206 size capacitors and SOIC integrated circuits.  Other parts, such as resistors, are through hole.  The SMT soldering can be does by hand with a small soldering iron.

      Send me an e-mail if interested and I will give you more detail.

      Thanks and 73,
      Tony Parks
      kb9yig@...

      On Wed, 2009-04-01 at 09:51 +0000, George Abraham wrote:
      I am in india .We have 2 kits BITX and hmy2k8 which i am aware of.
      I am not much experianced in Electronics But would like to try assembling.Please advice what kit to buy here in india coz many usa kits are not available and I dont know advantages and disadvantages
      George
      Bangalore
      India

    • Leonard
      Message 2 of 7 , Apr 1, 2009
        > > I am in india .We have 2 kits BITX and hmy2k8 which i am aware of.
        > > I am not much experianced in Electronics But would like to try
        > > assembling.Please advice what kit to buy here in india coz many usa kits are
        > > not available and I dont know advantages and disadvantages
        > > George
        > > Bangalore
        > > India

        > Jose (Ct1aos)

        Jose, check out http://www.cqbitx.blogspot.com/ This is Sunil's Bitx20 version 3 site. He has complete kits and he's in India. As far as I know, hmy2k8 doesn't have boards or kits available for his tranceiver. If you want further help on them, email me at kc0wox@...

        Leonard
      • Jose Bonanca
        Message 3 of 7 , Apr 1, 2009
          Hi Leonard..
          Sorry but it was not my question I was just answering George (India) mail.

          Thanks.
          73

          --
          Jose (Ct1aos)
        • ashok joshi
          Message 4 of 7 , Apr 1, 2009
            Hi George

            First of all for making and using a Ham  tranciver  you have to have a  Radio amateur operating licence from Min, of communication Govt, of India, I hope you have one
            In Bangalore you have a radio amateur club. please go and visit them. There you will get first hand information of currently available trx kits.
            If you are interested in SDR technology Tony has lots of fine kits available.for single or multiband receivers. and qrp tranciver., and they are not very costly.
            He has already iven you an idia but you can send him a mail and get further details.
            73's
            Ashok VU2 ASH.