need advice on what kit to buy in India

  • George Abraham
    Message 1 of 7 , Apr 1 2:51 AM
      I am in india .We have 2 kits BITX and hmy2k8 which i am aware of.
      I am not much experianced in Electronics But would like to try assembling.Please advice what kit to buy here in india coz many usa kits are not available and I dont know advantages and disadvantages
      George
      Bangalore
      India
    • Jose Bonanca
      Message 2 of 7 , Apr 1 4:31 AM
        George.

        You can always talk to TONY in order to send the order for the kit you want.
        kb9yig@...      is the mail addres to Tony , so go ahead ask him.

        73

        --
        Jose (Ct1aos)
        Message 3 of 7 , Apr 1 4:37 AM
          From: "George Abraham" <Subject: [softrock40] need advice on what kit to buy
          in India

          >I am in india .We have 2 kits BITX and hmy2k8 which i am aware of.
          > I am not much experianced in Electronics But would like to try assembling.

          Please look at http://www.wb5rvz.com/sdr/ to see what is available.

          You will see the basic kits are QRP. It is possible to add amplifiers but
          this is best for later. You buy by post direct from USA.

          73 Alan G4ZFQ
        • Tony Parks
          Message 4 of 7 , Apr 1 4:41 AM
            Hi George,

            A low cost way to try an SDR receiver is the SoftRock Lite II kit.  For example: the Lite II kit for 40m operation has a DX price of $11 which includes the DX postage.

            The Lite II kit does have some SMT soldering of 1206 size capacitors and SOIC integrated circuits.  Other parts, such as resistors, are through hole.  The SMT soldering can be does by hand with a small soldering iron.

            Send me an e-mail if interested and I will give you more detail.

            Thanks and 73,
            Tony Parks
            kb9yig@...

            On Wed, 2009-04-01 at 09:51 +0000, George Abraham wrote:
            I am in india .We have 2 kits BITX and hmy2k8 which i am aware of.
            I am not much experianced in Electronics But would like to try assembling.Please advice what kit to buy here in india coz many usa kits are not available and I dont know advantages and disadvantages
            George
            Bangalore
            India

          • Leonard
            Message 5 of 7 , Apr 1 5:12 AM
              > > I am in india .We have 2 kits BITX and hmy2k8 which i am aware of.
              > > I am not much experianced in Electronics But would like to try
              > > assembling.Please advice what kit to buy here in india coz many usa kits are
              > > not available and I dont know advantages and disadvantages
              > > George
              > > Bangalore
              > > India

              > Jose (Ct1aos)

              Jose, check out http://www.cqbitx.blogspot.com/ This is Sunil's Bitx20 version 3 site. He has complete kits and he's in India. As far as I know, hmy2k8 doesn't have boards or kits available for his tranceiver. If you want further help on them, email me at kc0wox@...

              Leonard
            • Jose Bonanca
              Message 6 of 7 , Apr 1 5:18 AM
                Hi Leonard..
                Sorry but it was not my question I was just answering George (India) mail.

                Thanks.
                73

                2009/4/1 Leonard <dredger@...>

                > > I am in india .We have 2 kits BITX and hmy2k8 which i am aware of.
                > > I am not much experianced in Electronics But would like to try
                > > assembling.Please advice what kit to buy here in india coz many usa kits are
                > > not available and I dont know advantages and disadvantages
                > > George
                > > Bangalore
                > > India

                > Jose (Ct1aos)

                Jose, check out http://www.cqbitx.blogspot.com/ This is Sunil's Bitx20 version 3 site. He has complete kits and he's in India. As far as I know, hmy2k8 doesn't have boards or kits available for his tranceiver. If you want further help on them, email me at kc0wox@...

                Leonard

                --
                Jose (Ct1aos)
              • ashok joshi
                Message 7 of 7 , Apr 1 2:44 PM
                  Hi George

                  First of all for making and using a Ham  tranciver  you have to have a  Radio amateur operating licence from Min, of communication Govt, of India, I hope you have one
                  In Bangalore you have a radio amateur club. please go and visit them. There you will get first hand information of currently available trx kits.
                  If you are interested in SDR technology Tony has lots of fine kits available.for single or multiband receivers. and qrp tranciver., and they are not very costly.
                  He has already iven you an idia but you can send him a mail and get further details.
                  73's
                  Ashok VU2 ASH.