V9 w/ ATTiny85 and HF BPF and Rocky

  • Ronald Wagner
    Message 1 of 6 , Mar 30, 2009

      So I should NOT expect Rocky to change the filters on the HF BPF even if I have the new ATTiny85 from Tony.  Is that correct?  Is there some condition to make Rocky set the filters correctly?

      I have J3 on the V9 board tied to pin 1’s of JP1 and JP2 of the HF BPF board (pin 1 of J3 goes to JP1), but those two pins are always low.

      Ron

    • g8voip
      Message 2 of 6 , Mar 30, 2009
        Hi Ron,

        Sadly, you are correct, that is one of the limitations of the v2.0 firmware. The QRP2000 guys were expecting (hoping)? Alex would produce a new version of Rocky to provide BPF switching support for it.

        The best solution, as said many times before, is to change to Fred PE0FKO's version v15.10 firmware, not only does that provide full support for Rocky 3.6, but all other main SDR programs and the 'band switching' and 'smooth tuning' functions are implemented in the firmware.

        As the v15.10 firmware enables the v9.0 to work completely with Rocky v3.6, there really is no reason for Alex to bother to change his program.

        73, Bob G8VOI

        --- In softrock40@yahoogroups.com, "Ronald Wagner" <rcwagner@...> wrote:

        > So I should NOT expect Rocky to change the filters on the HF BPF even if I
        > have the new ATTiny85 from Tony. Is that correct? Is there some condition
        > to make Rocky set the filters correctly?
        >

        > I have J3 on the V9 board tied to pin 1's of JP1 and JP2 of the HF BPF board
        > (pin 1 of J3 goes to JP1), but those two pins are always low.
        >

        > Ron

      • Ronald Wagner
        Message 3 of 6 , Mar 31, 2009

          So is anyone selling ATTiny85’s with PE0FKO’s software already burned?

          Sadly, you are correct, that is one of the limitations of the v2.0 firmware. The QRP2000 guys were expecting (hoping)? Alex would produce a new version of Rocky to provide BPF switching support for it.

          The best solution, as said many times before, is to change to Fred PE0FKO's version v15.10 firmware, not only does that provide full support for Rocky 3.6, but all other main SDR programs and the 'band switching' and 'smooth tuning' functions are implemented in the firmware.

          As the v15.10 firmware enables the v9.0 to work completely with Rocky v3.6, there really is no reason for Alex to bother to change his program.

          73, Bob G8VOI

          --- In softrock40@yahoogroups.com, "Ronald Wagner" <rcwagner@...> wrote:

          > So I should NOT expect Rocky to change the filters on the HF BPF even if I
          > have the new ATTiny85 from Tony. Is that correct? Is there some condition
          > to make Rocky set the filters correctly?
          >

          > I have J3 on the V9 board tied to pin 1's of JP1 and JP2 of the HF BPF
          board
          > (pin 1 of J3 goes to JP1), but those two pins are always low.
          >

          > Ron

        • k5nwa
          Message 4 of 6 , Mar 31, 2009
            At 12:08 AM 4/1/2009, you wrote:
            So is anyone selling ATTiny85�s with PE0FKO�s software already burned?

            http://www.softrockradio.org/ATTINY85-20  >

            Make sure you select Fred's software from the multiple choices.

            Cecil
            k5nwa
            www.softrockradio.org www.qrpradio.com
            http://parts.softrockradio.org/  >

          • Reid Bishop
            Message 5 of 6 , Mar 31, 2009
              All,

              I am preparing to do just that- I have AtTiny85s coming in this week, and I will be programming them with a quality programmer: Atmel JTagICE mkII.

              Price will likely be around $4;50 + shipping.

              -Reid-
              W0CNN

              So is anyone selling ATTiny85’s with PE0FKO’s software already burned?

              Sadly, you are correct, that is one of the limitations of the v2.0 firmware. The QRP2000 guys were expecting (hoping)? Alex would produce a new version of Rocky to provide BPF switching support for it.

              The best solution, as said many times before, is to change to Fred PE0FKO's version v15.10 firmware, not only does that provide full support for Rocky 3.6, but all other main SDR programs and the 'band switching' and 'smooth tuning' functions are implemented in the firmware.

              As the v15.10 firmware enables the v9.0 to work completely with Rocky v3.6, there really is no reason for Alex to bother to change his program.

              73, Bob G8VOI

              --- In softrock40@yahoogro ups.com, "Ronald Wagner" <rcwagner@...> wrote:

              > So I should NOT expect Rocky to change the filters on the HF BPF even if I
              > have the new ATTiny85 from Tony. Is that correct? Is there some condition
              > to make Rocky set the filters correctly?
              >

              > I have J3 on the V9 board tied to pin 1's of JP1 and JP2 of the HF BPF board
              > (pin 1 of J3 goes to JP1), but those two pins are always low.
              >

              > Ron

            • Frank
              Message 6 of 6 , Apr 1, 2009

                Hi Ron, have a look on eBay: