Earth Venus Earth communications at

  • Bob McGwier
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 28, 2009
      I am really happy to tell everyone of a terrific "SDR" experiment. HI.

      Our colleagues in AMSAT-DL have been working towards demonstrating
      several of the pieces to allow for interplanetary communications in the
      event the Phase V mission to Mars comes to fruition.

      A team consisting of many well known amateurs including Wolfgang Büscher
      (DL4YHF), Freddy de Guchteneire (ON6UG), Hermann Hagner (DK8CI),
      Michael Lengrüsser (DD5ER) , Karl Meinzer (DJ4ZC), James Miller
      (G3RUH), Max Münich (DJ1CR), Hartmut Paesler (DL1YDD), Achim Vollhardt
      (DH2VA).

      The AMSAT-DL web page is here:

      http://www.amsat-dl.org//index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=166&Itemid=97

      and the English press release is here:

      http://www.amsat-dl.org/pic/gallery2/main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_itemId=7561

      In the photographs attached to these pages and press releases, one can
      see the SDR-IQ and Spectrum Lab. Congrats to RFSPACE
      (http://rfspace.com/Home.html) and Wolfgang DL4YHF
      (http://freenet-homepage.de/dl4yhf/spectra1.html).

      I hope everyone joins in congratulating this team on their multiple year
      effort and outstanding achievement.

      Bob McGwier
      N4HY

      --
      (Co)Author: DttSP, Quiktrak, PowerSDR, GnuRadio
      NJQRP, QRP ARCI, QCWA, FRC.