Re: [softrock40] SoftRock RXTX V6.3 Grounding

  • Tony Parks
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 19, 2009
      Hi Bill,

      On the v6.3 transceiver board the braid of the antenna coax does need to connect to circuit ground of the board.  A via is provided on the board for that connection next to the antenna via.

      On several of the receivers, such as the v9.0 and Lite II, the antenna coax braid connects to the BPF input but is isolated from the circuit ground of the receiver board by the transformer in the BPF circuit.

      73,
      Tony Parks
      kb9yig@...

      On Thu, 2009-03-19 at 20:35 +0000, Bill P. wrote:
      Did someone say NOT to ground the braid on the antenna coax to the SR frame/chassis/circuit board???? I'm packaging my modules and recall a comment regarding antenna grounding ......

      ?? Bill k6acj SR RXTXV40, USB Audigy, FCC-1 Freq meter, HFProjects PA-100, Rocky, PSDR SR-40