Si570 programming

  • klts28
    Message 1 of 10 , Mar 18, 2009
      hi all
      I only have the softrock v9 receiver and a pc, no extra microcontrollers and i was wondering if there is a way to program the Si570 frequency using the PC alone?

      Please suggest to me what i can do.

      thank you
      klts28..
      Message 2 of 10 , Mar 18, 2009
        > I only have the softrock v9 receiver and a pc, no extra microcontrollers
        > and i was wondering if there is a way to program the Si570 frequency using
        > the PC alone?

        What do you want to do? http://homepages.wightcable.net/~g4zfq/Si570.htm has
        details of the various control methods.

        73 Alan G4ZFQ
      • klts28
        Message 3 of 10 , Apr 1 8:03 AM
          Hi all
          Does anyone know how to program the Si570 to increase its frequency in steps. If anyone knows, please share with me, i'm knew to this.

          thank you
          Message 4 of 10 , Apr 1 9:02 AM
            Message 5 of 10 , Apr 1 2:25 PM
              The si570 does not have a facility to automatically increase its frequency like a sweep. However,
              with the help from a microcontroller, the si570 can be re-tuned within about 100µs as long
              the frequency change is within 3500ppm. This makes it possible to increase the frequency in steps
              with a fast rate. For steps larger than 3500ppm, the si570 can be re-tuned within about 10ms.
              Did this answer fit to your question?

              73 Guido
              PE1NNZ

              On Wed, Apr 1, 2009 at 5:03 PM, klts28 <klts28@...> wrote:
              Hi all
              Does anyone know how to program the Si570 to increase its frequency in steps. If anyone knows, please share with me, i'm knew to this.

               thank you

              <*> Your email settings:
                 Individual Email | Traditional

              <*> To change settings online go to:
                 (Yahoo! ID required)

              <*> To change settings via email:
                 mailto:softrock40-digest@yahoogroups.com
                 mailto:softrock40-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

                 http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

            • keletso shabane
              Message 6 of 10 , Apr 1 4:32 PM
                thank you for your response.
                Do you have a circuit to connect the PIC to the softrock v9 board.the thing is i have the si570 already soldered on the v9 board. I have a PIC16F628.

                   http://groups. yahoo.com/ group/softrock40 /join
                   (Yahoo! ID required)

                <*> To change settings via email:
                   mailto:softrock40-digest@ yahoogroups. com
                   mailto:softrock40-fullfeat ured@yahoogroups .com

                   softrock40-unsubscr ibe@yahoogroups. com

                   http://docs. yahoo.com/ info/terms/

              • Guido
                Message 7 of 10 , Apr 1 8:25 PM
                  Hi Keletso,

                  In case the PIC16F628 is supplied with 3.3V you can link two I/O ports directly to
                  the SDA/SCL lines. In case an other supply is used, the port level should be
                  translated. Note that the I/O port must be switched by tri-state output as I2C bus
                  follow pull-up I/O.

                  73, Guido
                  PE1NNZ

                  Message 8 of 10 , Apr 4 1:44 AM
                    Hi all,
                    as I have got an SI570 I liked to operate it without a PC.
                    I am using ATMEGA 8 processors and BASCOM from MCSL electronics.
                    Has anyone an idea on where to get the software to tune SI570 and changing the steps ?
                    73, Gerry,  OE6HGG

                    Message 9 of 10 , Apr 4 6:46 PM
                      --- In softrock40@yahoogroups.com, Gerry Huss <gerryhombre007@...> wrote:

                      > Hi all,
                      > as I have got an SI570 I liked to operate it without a PC.
                      > I am using ATMEGA 8 processors and BASCOM from MCSL electronics.
                      > Has anyone an idea on where to get the software to tune SI570 and changing the steps ?
                      > 73, Gerry,  OE6HGG

                      For BASCOM and the Si570, check out the Files section and look for
                      *W7QJQ Si570,571,...

                      Also, Francis F6HSI has done similar.

                      73, Sid W7QJQ
                      Oklahoma