Re: Please Help and Clarify !!

  • g8voip
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 17, 2009
      Hi Peitro,

      It depends on the firmware you are using whether auto BPF switching works or not.

      It sounds like you have the v2.0 firmware if you have the ATtiny85 chip supplied by Tony with the kit.

      Unfortunately that version does not support band switching with Rocky, you will have to wait and see if Alex produces a new version to support that. You can only use that with some versions of PSDR (not Christos PSDR-IQ version) and Winrad with the supporting dll files.

      This limitation is going to be found more often now that a lot of people are starting to build the switched BPF kit.

      To use v2.0 with Winrad, you need the dll from PE0FKO and will only have the BPF option available. Smooth tuning and ABPF are not available.

      http://home.ict.nl/~fredkrom/pe0fko/ExtIO_Si570/

      The only firmware available that currently supports all of the existing SDR software is Fred PE0FKO's version, v15.9.

      This has the 'smooth tuning' and ABPF functions built into the firmware, therefore it works fine with Rocky, Winrad and all versions of PSDR including Christos PSDR-IQ v1.12.20.

      To get the most from the v9.0 RX, Fred's firmware is by far the best option.

      http://home.ict.nl/~fredkrom/pe0fko/SR-V9-Si570/

      73, Bob G8VOI