Re: [softrock40] Re: V9 problem persists

  • Michael Heim
    Message 1 of 41 , Mar 2, 2009
      I found the problem late last night in PowerSDR-IQ..  Settings > General >USB > AVR USBtol2C Adapter checked, and it works.
      I didnt see such a setting in Rocky, but I havent gone thru it as deeply as I did PowerSDR.

      I was getting a little frustrated, because I had it working once but PowerSDR must have forgot the setting, and I forgot what all I did to make it work the first time, hi.

      Yes, I think the chopping is a sound card issue.  Plays fine in my Lenovo S10 laptop.  PowerSDR chops a little on the desktop, but its listenable.  I'm going to experiment with Rocky a little more in the laptop tonight after work.  I'm betting the soundcard (older Soundblaster Live) is sampling at 44.1K.  Since I plan on using this mostly on my laptop, that isnt a long term issue.

      I am going to say, this is one hot little receiver!  Was tuning around on 80 and 40 meters, using a 40 meter Hustler mobile antenna with the cable coming in through the window ( I dont have an HF antenna up), and was hearing quite a bit of SSB DX on 40m, and 80 was hearing quite good too.  The filters in PowerSDR are nothing short of impressive!

      Michael Heim
      ARS KD0AR

      Message 41 of 41 , Mar 17, 2009
        > --- In softrock40@yahoogroups.com, Javier Fernandez
        > <javier_fernandez09142@> wrote:

        Hi Javier KC2QII,

        Bob is trying to use the HSUSB to control SR v6.3 + MOBO v3.6, and is seeking assistance with all the connections required.

        Since you have done it, perhaps you could share that information with all of us ?

        73's

        Alex