Re: Winrad v1.4.2 and SoftRock v9.0

  • g8voip
    Message 1 of 5 , Mar 1 5:34 AM
      Hi Jose,

      Still only 1024 x 768 as far as I can see. I think only G3OQD's
      version is different?

      73, Bob G8VOI

      --- In softrock40@yahoogroups.com, Jose Bonanca <jbct1aos@...> wrote:

      > Hi Bob...
      >
      > What about the screen resolutions. ?
      > Does it still need a greater screen ?
      >
      > Thanks.
      >

      > On Sun, Mar 1, 2009 at 1:26 PM, g8voip <g8voi.reeves59@...> wrote:
      >
      > > Hi Guys,
      > >
      > > Just downloaded the latest version released yesterday from Winrad.org
      > > website.
      > >
      > > Tested it with a SoftRock v9.0 receiver using Fred PE0FKO v15.9
      > > firmware (also SDR-kits v2.0 firmware).
      > >
      > > Some nice new interesting features, plus a possible problem?
      > >
      > > Not sure the change to the mouse scroll wheel tuning is an
      > > improvement, seems only to work when the mouse cursor is within the
      > > blue filter bandwidth (cursor changed to arrow plus white box).
      > > Fortunately using using it with a PowerMate controller, tuning works
      > > across the whole screen as long as the cursor is not moved from its
      > > original position.
      > >
      > > I really like the ability to drag the waterfall frequency scale now to
      > > move the local anywhere, no need to reset the LO while tuning across
      > > all of the band, great! (this feature is not mentioned anywhere as far
      > > as I can see).
      > >
      > > There appears to be a problem with the 'C' function which should
      > > centre the received frequency on the screen. With both PE0FKO v15.9
      > > and SDR-kits v2.0 firmware, the LO is reset to 1.5MHz on pressing 'C'.
      > > Looks like a problem with the frequency sent to the Si570 via the USB
      > > / I2C interface.
      > >
      > > Other than that, nice to see the program continuing to be developed,
      > >
      > > Thanks very much, some really nice new features,
      > >
      > > 73, Bob G8VOI
      > >

      > --
      > Jose Bonanca (CT1aos)

    • Jose Bonanca
      Message 2 of 5 , Mar 1 5:38 AM
        OK Bob,
        So who did this new version?

         that resolution meets my requirements as I use in RADIO Computers a screen 1024x768.
        Thank you for fast answer.
        73

        --
        Jose Bonanca  (CT1aos)
      • g8voip
        Message 3 of 5 , Mar 1 5:46 AM
          Hi Jose,

          Looks like all future Winrad development is posted here:

          http://www.winrad.org/