Re: [softrock40] Winrad v1.4.2 and SoftRock v9.0

  • Jose Bonanca
    Message 1 of 5 , Mar 1, 2009
      Hi Bob...

      What about the screen resolutions. ?
      Does it still need a greater screen ?

      Thanks.

      On Sun, Mar 1, 2009 at 1:26 PM, g8voip <g8voi.reeves59@...> wrote:

      Hi Guys,

      Just downloaded the latest version released yesterday from Winrad.org
      website.

      Tested it with a SoftRock v9.0 receiver using Fred PE0FKO v15.9
      firmware (also SDR-kits v2.0 firmware).

      Some nice new interesting features, plus a possible problem?

      Not sure the change to the mouse scroll wheel tuning is an
      improvement, seems only to work when the mouse cursor is within the
      blue filter bandwidth (cursor changed to arrow plus white box).
      Fortunately using using it with a PowerMate controller, tuning works
      across the whole screen as long as the cursor is not moved from its
      original position.

      I really like the ability to drag the waterfall frequency scale now to
      move the local anywhere, no need to reset the LO while tuning across
      all of the band, great! (this feature is not mentioned anywhere as far
      as I can see).

      There appears to be a problem with the 'C' function which should
      centre the received frequency on the screen. With both PE0FKO v15.9
      and SDR-kits v2.0 firmware, the LO is reset to 1.5MHz on pressing 'C'.
      Looks like a problem with the frequency sent to the Si570 via the USB
      / I2C interface.

      Other than that, nice to see the program continuing to be developed,

      Thanks very much, some really nice new features,

      73, Bob G8VOI

      --
      Jose Bonanca  (CT1aos)
    • g8voip
      Message 2 of 5 , Mar 1, 2009
        Hi Jose,

        Still only 1024 x 768 as far as I can see. I think only G3OQD's
        version is different?

        73, Bob G8VOI

        --- In softrock40@yahoogroups.com, Jose Bonanca <jbct1aos@...> wrote:

        > Hi Bob...
        >
        > What about the screen resolutions. ?
        > Does it still need a greater screen ?
        >
        > Thanks.
        >

        > On Sun, Mar 1, 2009 at 1:26 PM, g8voip <g8voi.reeves59@...> wrote:
        >
        > > Hi Guys,
        > >
        > > Just downloaded the latest version released yesterday from Winrad.org
        > > website.
        > >
        > > Tested it with a SoftRock v9.0 receiver using Fred PE0FKO v15.9
        > > firmware (also SDR-kits v2.0 firmware).
        > >
        > > Some nice new interesting features, plus a possible problem?
        > >
        > > Not sure the change to the mouse scroll wheel tuning is an
        > > improvement, seems only to work when the mouse cursor is within the
        > > blue filter bandwidth (cursor changed to arrow plus white box).
        > > Fortunately using using it with a PowerMate controller, tuning works
        > > across the whole screen as long as the cursor is not moved from its
        > > original position.
        > >
        > > I really like the ability to drag the waterfall frequency scale now to
        > > move the local anywhere, no need to reset the LO while tuning across
        > > all of the band, great! (this feature is not mentioned anywhere as far
        > > as I can see).
        > >
        > > There appears to be a problem with the 'C' function which should
        > > centre the received frequency on the screen. With both PE0FKO v15.9
        > > and SDR-kits v2.0 firmware, the LO is reset to 1.5MHz on pressing 'C'.
        > > Looks like a problem with the frequency sent to the Si570 via the USB
        > > / I2C interface.
        > >
        > > Other than that, nice to see the program continuing to be developed,
        > >
        > > Thanks very much, some really nice new features,
        > >
        > > 73, Bob G8VOI
        > >

        > --
        > Jose Bonanca (CT1aos)

      • Jose Bonanca
        Message 3 of 5 , Mar 1, 2009
          OK Bob,
          So who did this new version?

           that resolution meets my requirements as I use in RADIO Computers a screen 1024x768.
          Thank you for fast answer.
          73

          --
          Jose Bonanca  (CT1aos)
        • g8voip
          Message 4 of 5 , Mar 1, 2009
            Hi Jose,

            Looks like all future Winrad development is posted here:

            http://www.winrad.org/