Re: Softrock V9.0, Attiny85 V2.0 and HF BPF Problem

  • alexle188
    Message 1 of 8 , Mar 1, 2009
      > 4, 8 & 16MHz, so V9 users can run the firmware with no change.
      > Users of the RXTX v6 will need to disable the ABPF to use the I/O lines
      > for the TX and CW key lines.

      Users of RxTx v6.x wishing to do Tx/Rx switching (ie PTT), CW key
      lines, smooth tune and ABPF (eg. using the 9V1AL motherboard for both
      Rx and Tx BPF switching) etc. can consider using the UBW instead of
      the ATTINY based USB-I2C controller. The UBW has more i/o lines.

      Information and .hex file of the firmware for the UBW can be found in
      FILES->9V1AL->UBW Emulator.

      Using the UBW with the UBW Emulator firmware, it emulates the
      functions of the ATTINY controller with Fred's v15.8 firmware - thus
      ABPF, smooth tune, calibration once in firmware, setting of cross over
      points for the ABPF etc. can be done from the PC, as if the USB-I2C
      Interface with Fred's firmware were there.

      73's

      Alex
      9V1AL
    • RW3ACQ
      Message 2 of 8 , Sep 20, 2009
        Hi, Don! A colleague of mine's got the same problem with ATtiny85 and ABPF you wrote about. So as far as I understood he has to remove v.1.12.20, to istall v.1.12.1 following the instructions in the files section, G0BBL folder. If I'm not right, please correct me, because I'm the only one who can help him.
        Thanks in advance,
        73's de Serge RW3ACQ
      • g8voip
        Message 3 of 8 , Sep 20, 2009
          Hi there,

          Not sure where this thread started, but the v2.0 firmware does NOT have the ABPF function, that is unique to the versions of the firmware written by Fred PE0FKO, v15.xx.

          The only support for BPF switching using v2.0 firmware and PSDR is with a modified version of the SDR1kUSB.dll file, although I am not sure whether that actually works with PSDR-IQ v1.12.20 or not.

          Even if it did work, the combination of v2.0 firmware and PSDR-IQ is not very good, as it suffers from tuning glitches at every step as there is no Si570 'smooth tuning' function.

          It is far better to upgrade to one of Fred PE0FKO's versions of the firmware (v15.12), both for the ABPF filter control, and smooth tuning, implemented within the AVR firmware.

          73, Bob G8VOI

          --- In softrock40@yahoogroups.com, "RW3ACQ" <rw3acq@...> wrote:

          > Hi, Don! A colleague of mine's got the same problem with ATtiny85 and ABPF you wrote about. So as far as I understood he has to remove v.1.12.20, to istall v.1.12.1 following the instructions in the files section, G0BBL folder. If I'm not right, please correct me, because I'm the only one who can help him.
          > Thanks in advance,
          > 73's de Serge RW3ACQ

        • RW3ACQ
          Message 4 of 8 , Sep 27, 2009
            Hi,Bob! Thank you very much for the advise. I hope we try it earlier next month.
            Good luck and 73's
            Serge, RW3ACQ