SoftRock v6.0 now playing properly

  • kb9yig
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 4, 2006
      Good Morning All,

      The first SoftRock v6.0 is now playing well on 80m and 40m I am
      running two instances of Rocky and to go between bands requires
      pressing the upper left off button on the instance of Rocky setup
      for the first band, toggling a SPDT switch to select the divide by 4
      or divide by 8 QSD clock on the SoftRock, and turn on the upper left
      button on the instance of Rocky setup for the second band.

      QSD balance on the v6.0 seems to be good with less than 4 degrees of
      phase correction and less than 4% of gain correction being performed
      by Rocky on each of the two bands. A 50uV RMS signal on 40m from my
      XG1 source is visible on 80m but Rocky is showing a 50dB amplitude
      difference between the two signal spikes. (If one has a doubt about
      the 80m signal he is listening to truly being an 80m signal, he just
      toggle the SPDT switch to see if the signal goes away. If the
      signal is actually a strong 40m signal it will be much stronger when
      the switch is toggled.)

      I will sort through e-mail posted on Yahoo group and/or sent
      directly to me to see who were the first eight to request a v6.0
      prototype kit. The first eight who responded will be offered a
      prototype kit at the production kit price of $15. Each prototype
      kit will be supplied with the board and materials to make the
      80m/40m receiver. A 28.06 MHz crystal is provided in the prototype
      kits to give band coverage of approximately 6.99 - 7.038 MHz and
      3.483 - 3.531 MHz with 48 kHz sampling. (An additional 24 kHz of
      tuning range on each end of the band coverage when 96 kHz sampling
      is used.) If the kit goes to production, the kit will include a
      28.19 MHz crystal for much better band coverage on 80m and 40m.

      Thanks for your interest in the little SoftRock receiver versions.

      73,
      Tony KB9YIG