Enclosure for the SoftRock Lite II

  • Ben Pharr
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 3, 2009
      What sort of enclosure are you guys using for the SoftRock Lite II
      kits? I searched the archive, but wasn't able to find much.

      Has anyone used an Altoids tin? If so, how did you attach the board?
      Double-sided tape is obviously an option, but would make it difficult
      to remove the PCB for modifications.

      Thanks,
      Ben
      WF5N
    • i4mfa
      Message 2 of 3 , Feb 3, 2009
        Hi Ben.
        I have the same problem here in Italy, as the only resource seems to be:
        http://www.teko.it/
        I have to choose a box for rxtx6.3 so I am interested in our sources.
        Of course if someone founds Made in Italy appreciated I could arrange
        a shipment, but I don't feel so.
        73s, Marco I4MFA W4MFA

        --- In softrock40@yahoogroups.com, Ben Pharr <bnp@...> wrote:

        > What sort of enclosure...
      • sailingto
        Message 3 of 3 , Feb 3, 2009
          Altoids can is what I've used for the softrock 6.2 Lite and the V9.0
          Lite also. The normal altoids for the 6.2, and the larger long
          Altoids can for the V9.0 - this is using the manual BPF. By using a
          short spacer between bottom of board and can the lid still closes.
          I'm not sure the auto BPF will allow the lid to close.

          Tony shipped my HF BPF on Jan 6th and I do think it's "lost in the
          mail" now, so I sent another $15 to Tony Jan 23rd. Maybe the USPS
          will come thru this time {grinning}

          Deciding what enclosure is almost as much fun as building the
          kits.... Naw, I like building better.

          73 de Ken H> K9FV