Re: qrp to 100W

  • Bill P.
    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 31, 2009
      I built 2 HFPack 160-10 meter 40 watt CW/SSB amps over the last 5
      years, one for a FT817 and the other for a Elecraft KX-1. Now that
      ROCKY and PSDR SR-40 work the next step here is to attach one of these
      amps for 15-20 watts output with the 1 watt drive from a SR RXTX. I
      figure 15-20 watts is fine for PSK and CW and easy on the amplifier
      heat and the battery power used for excursions to the city park.

      The 'SUPER AMP' model is even better but I don't have one ...... yet.
      Once the TXRX is up to expectations then this amp will complete my
      SDR project.

      The only remaining problem, if a problem, is supplying 5 volts 1 amp
      to the external USB Audigy 2NX sound card.

      Lots of dedicated people on these projects, Great projects, great web
      sites . Soldering the HFPack amps and the SR RXTX was almost like
      building an Heathkits from long ago.

      Thanks for all the fun ..... Bill K6ACJ