Re: Rocky and Vista O/S

  • sailingto
    Message 1 of 5 , Jan 30, 2009
      Yea, what Ray said - that sounds like what the author of Rocky told
      me a few months ago when I was trying to get Rocky going on the
      Toshiba notebook. It seems the sound is handled different on
      external soundcards than on internal - not sure why, but VISTA seems
      to work just fine on external cards - I've triedat least 3 different
      external and Rocky "saw" all of them.

      73 de Ken H.

      --- In softrock40@yahoogroups.com, "WB6TPU" <ray.anderson@...> wrote:

      > --- In softrock40@yahoogroups.com, "sailingto" <sailingto@> wrote:
      > >
      > > Your system is just like my system - just won't do it. The
      author of
      > > Rocky told me it was due to the way VISTA handled sound vs the
      way XP
      > > handled sound - works just fine with an external soundcard as the
      other
      > > poster noted, but with the internal - nope, I've not heard anyone
      yet
      > > that has done it. OTHER than with the VAC which acts as an
      external.

      > > joys of VISTA - and I doubt Win7 would be any better in this
      aspect.

      > > 73 de Ken H>
      > >

      > I believe Rocky is written to recognize audio drivers compatible
      with
      > MME (MultiMedia Extensions)which is the way Windows XP and earlier
      > handled audio.
      >
      > A new and improved driver model known as WDM (Windows Driver Model)
      is