RE: [softrock40] Re: SMT projects soldering Thermometer

  • S. Cash Olsen
    Message 1 of 47 , Mar 2 3:29 PM
      Following a lot of discussion of the SMT projects soldering I'd like to
      show you guys the small amount of equipment that it really takes to do
      the job.

      Basicly I don't need no stinkin toaster oven, wok sounds like a desaster
      waiting to happen, and the best temperature guage is something like a IR
      thermometer, Extech Instruments has a good one that isn't very expensive
      but not necessary at all. It a neat toy and I'm glad I have mine but
      don't get hung up on the temperature.

      Take a look at my hot air reflow station that costs less than $30, you
      can't get an appropriate toaster oven for that unless you find a used
      one.

      Cash Olsen, KD5SSJ

      Message 47 of 47 , Mar 6 4:05 PM
        This method appealed to me so went shopping. If others want to try this, it is easier now. I was
        just at Hobby Lobby and the embossing tool is half price($10) until the 11 of March. Now all I
        need to do is order the solder paste.

        Tom, KM5H