Re: [softrock40] SoftRock v6.0 receiver kit details

  • Fridhelm van Alers
    Message 1 of 18 , Mar 1, 2006
      Hi Tony,

      I´m glad about hearing from the new projekt.
      As you know, I made three of the softrock 5.0 RX and all are still working very well. One is working here at home and one in my little house in the garden. The third one I made for an older HAM in my club who is not able to built these kits because hes eyes are not more very good.

      Please reserve three of the new Softrock 6.0 kits for me.

      Many thanks and good luck

      Stefan
      DL4SEW

      kb9yig <raparks@...> wrote:
      Good Afternoon All,

      Quite a number have responded with yes Ham Radio does need yet
      another spin of the SoftRock receiver kits so prototype boards for
      the SoftRock v6.0 are now on order as well as some of the parts.

      After the design is checked out with the prototype boards I will
      post the schematic.

      The following detail is given on the v6.0 two-band SoftRock receiver
      kit:

      Kit price: $15 US/Canada and $16 DX. (Prices including mailing
      costs.)

      Kit includes: PCB and all components including the crystal for the
      40m/80m operation.

      Kit availability: Eight prototype kits will be offered around March
      9 to the first eight who have earlier spoken for a prototype kit.
      Sorry, only one kit per person for the prototype run.  Prototype
      kits will be at the same cost as production kits.

      Production kits around the end of March if all looks good with the
      prototype units.

      QSD: balanced with gain the same as the SR-40 version (3dB or so
      better than the v5.0)

      Oscillator frequency: approximately 28.187 MHz for 40m/80m operation.

      (Prototype kits will be supplied with a 28.06 MHz crystal and will
      not give ideal band coverage.)

      Band coverage with 28.187 MHz oscillator:
           40m - 6.999 MHz to 7.094 MHz for soundcard with 96 kHz sampling
           40m - 7.022 MHz to 7.070 MHz for soundcard with  48 kHz sampling

           80m - 3.475 MHz to 3.571 MHz for soundcard with 96 kHz sampling
           80m - 3.499 MHz to 3.547 MHz for soundcard with 48 kHz sampling

      Note - two band operation requires the high band to be two times the
      low band frequency.

      QSD mute: mute line pulled low for normal receiver operation,
      released for mute.

      Board size: 1.5 x 1.9 inches by about 0.6 inches high for a built
      unit.

      Board components: SOIC 8, two SOIC 14 and SOIC 16.  SMT capacitors
      (eight) are 0805.  Other components are through-hole.

      DC power input: 9-12 VDC at about 25mA.

      Thanks for your interest in and support for the SoftRock projects.

      73,
      Tony KB9YIG

      Yahoo! Mail

    • Ed
      Message 2 of 18 , Mar 3, 2006
        This Ed KD4CBD and I say yes.

        Michael Rubitschka wrote:
        Dear Cecil

        Of course you are right, but the question does amateur radio need a 15$
        reciever,
        provoked this kind of response. I think it is good to answer if interested
        even when
        there is no list.So Tony can estimate how many boards are needed for the
        first edition.
        It would be much worse when Tony orders f.e. 100 boards an only 5 amateurs
        are
        interested.

        vy73s
        Michael OE1MIS

        >From: KD5NWA <KD5NWA@...>
        >To: softrock40@yahoogroups.com
        >Subject: Re: [softrock40] Re: SoftRock v6.0 receiver kit details
        >Date: Tue, 28 Feb 2006 11:50:52 -0600
        >
        >That is because there is no pre-ordering or auto-ordering, Tony will
        >announce on this list when he is ready to take orders, and give
        >instructions on how to order. All we need to do is pay attention and follow
        >the order procedure, it's not that hard.
        >
        >All these me too, and I want one of everything that is nice messages don't
        >do any good except clutter up the list with useless traffic, we all have to
        >wait until the ordering process starts.
        >
        >If this is  considered a nastygram, so be it, we all need to grow up
        >sometime, and we all have to wait no matter how privileged we think we are.
        >
        >Disclaimer; The above statement does not apply to any specific person
        >unless it's deserved.
        >

        >At 10:53 AM 2/28/2006, you wrote:
        >>Me too.
        >>
        >>However I did get some nastygrams when I tried to ask about pre-ordering
        >>before. I am not trying to hassle anyone, I am just enthusiastic.
        >>
        >>SNIP
        >

        >Cecil Bayona
        >KD5NWA
        >www.qrpradio.com
        >
        >I fail to see why doing the same thing over and over and getting the same
        >results every time is insanity: I've almost proved it isn't; only a few
        >more tests now and I'm sure results will differ this time ...

        No virus found in this incoming message. Checked by AVG Free Edition. Version: 7.1.375 / Virus Database: 268.1.2/274 - Release Date: 3/3/2006
      • waveangle
        Message 3 of 18 , Mar 4, 2006
          I think a sign up list web app would be easy to write (someone could volunteer to do this). People would fill in their email and quantity of kits they wanted -- when the kits are ready an email is sent to the people on the list. The designer would also have an advance estimate on the number of kits to plan for, and the buyers wouldn't have to keep scanning the group messages worried they might miss out.

          > > Of course you are right, but the question does amateur radio need a 15$
          > > reciever,
          > > provoked this kind of response. I think it is good to answer if
          > > interested
          > > even when
          > > there is no list.So Tony can estimate how many boards are needed for the
          > > first edition.
          > > It would be much worse when Tony orders f.e. 100 boards an only 5
          > > amateurs
          > > are
          > > interested.
        • Tony Parks
          Message 4 of 18 , Mar 4, 2006
            Thanks for the suggestion but I have found that my record keeping is
            simplified if I respond to only actual orders. For the v6.0 SoftRock I am
            going to order materials for 1000 kits since I have good indication that I
            will be able to sell that number of kits in the next few months. Shortly
            before I am ready to ship kits I will let people know on the Yahoo group
            that the kits are available. Then as PayPal orders or checks/money orders
            come in I will mail out the kits as quickly as my wife and I can get them
            packed. (We can do about 50 kits per day max.)

            Thanks and 73,
            Tony KB9YIG

            >I think a sign up list web app would be easy to write (someone could
            >volunteer to do this). People would fill in their email and quantity of
            >kits they wanted -- when the kits are ready an email is sent to the people
            >on the list. The designer would also have an advance estimate on the number
            >of kits to plan for, and the buyers wouldn't have to keep scanning the
            >group messages worried they might miss out.
            >
            >> > Of course you are right, but the question does amateur radio need a 15$
            >> > reciever,
            >> > provoked this kind of response. I think it is good to answer if
            >> > interested
            >> > even when
            >> > there is no list.So Tony can estimate how many boards are needed for
            >> > the
            >> > first edition.
            >> > It would be much worse when Tony orders f.e. 100 boards an only 5
            >> > amateurs
            >> > are
            >> > interested.
            >

            > Yahoo! Groups Links

          • KD5NWA
            Message 5 of 18 , Mar 4, 2006
              Tony make sure you take out that wife of yours to some place nice
              that is to her liking. Sound like you have a nice partner.

              At 11:01 AM 3/4/2006, you wrote:

              >Thanks for the suggestion but I have found that my record keeping is
              >simplified if I respond to only actual orders. For the v6.0 SoftRock I am
              >going to order materials for 1000 kits since I have good indication that I
              >will be able to sell that number of kits in the next few months. Shortly
              >before I am ready to ship kits I will let people know on the Yahoo group
              >that the kits are available. Then as PayPal orders or checks/money orders
              >come in I will mail out the kits as quickly as my wife and I can get them
              >packed. (We can do about 50 kits per day max.)
              >
              >Thanks and 73,
              >Tony KB9YIG

              Cecil Bayona
              KD5NWA
              www.qrpradio.com

              "Windows the worlds most successful software virus"