Re: SDR OCX or DLL?

  • kh6sky
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 1, 2006
      Replying to myself.....
      It was pointed out to me (off list) that the Intel Integrated
      Performance library dll was used in Gerald Youngbloods original VB
      code. This DLL provides high speed FFT and other functions. The DLL is
      available for free evaluation work form Intel. The commercial copy is
      $200. I was just using the version 3 that came in the Youngblood QEX
      zip file. Intel is now up to version 5, and Gerald warns in the
      article to stick with 3 for use with his sample code.

      So it appears I already had what I wanted to some extent. I had just
      forgotten from when I read the article to when I did the programming
      that this high performance DLL was being used.

      The interface is still a bit complex, but maybe wrapping the core
      routines up in some neat OCX might limit flexibility too much. It is
      hard to say.