Re: [softrock40] New Firmware V15.3

  • Pete Smith
    Message 1 of 66 , Jan 2, 2009
      What firmware is currently shipping with the V 9.0 receiver? Does it now
      support the bandpass filter switching?

      73, Pete N4ZR

      At 10:36 AM 1/2/2009, pe0fko wrote:
      >I created a new version V15.3 of my modified firmware of the USB Si570
      >interface, and put it on the webpage <
      >http://home.ict.nl/~fredkrom/pe0fko/SR-V9-Si570/
      ><http://home.ict.nl/%7Efredkrom/pe0fko/SR-V9-Si570/>> for the people
      >interested in the firmware (source).
      >The "automatic smood tune" functionality is added on the "set freq by
      >value" call. There is also a generic command for setting and reading the
      >I/O pins that can be used for the BPF.
      >
      >Happy new (hobby) year!
      >73, Fred
      >PE0FKO

    • pe0fko
      Message 66 of 66 , Mar 21, 2009
        I created a new version V15.10 of my firmware for the USB AVR Si570
        controller, and put it on my web page
        <http://home.ict.nl/~fredkrom/pe0fko/SR-V9-Si570/> for the people
        interested in the firmware (source).
        ""It is not firmware that Tony deliver with the SoftRock kit's!""

        This version will support the LO frequency change by a offset and
        multiply (fixed point) numbers. This feature can be used by frond end
        mixers with a fixed frequency, all kind of sub-sampling or other
        fraction multiply like the SoftRock VHF converter is using.
        The next version WinRad ExtIO_Si570.dll V0.8 will support the
        configuration of the offset and multiply factor in the firmware.

        There is also a bug fixed that is important for the RXTX users. The
        second CW Key input 2 was not supported in the firmware, why in some
        cases the SDR software was transmitting. (The second CW input was zero,
        that means pressed!). For using the CW inputs, disable the ABPF option
        in the firmware!

        The 'smooth tune', 'automatic band pass filter selection', 'one site
        calibration' and 'LO calculation' are included in the ATtiny45 (4K flash
        rom) with the normal 'set freq by value & si570 register' calls. (No
        separate set freq command and application change necessary)

        People not capable to program the AVR chip, can order a ATtiny45
        programmed chip by Cecil, K5NWA <http://www.softrockradio.org/PRG-AVR1>.

        73, Fred
        PE0FKO