Re: Updated v9.0 Lite+USB Xtall schematic to show BPF connections

  • R. R. Robson
    Message 1 of 6 , Jan 1, 2009
      --- In softrock40@yahoogroups.com, "kb9yig" <kb9yig@...> wrote:

      > Good Evening All,
      >
      > The connection details from the electronically swithced v9.0 BPF board
      > to the 2-pin header, J3, on the v9.0 receiver board have are now shown
      > with the updated 1_01_09 version of the BPF board schematic. Please go
      > to the v9.0 Lite + USB Xtall folder for the updated schematic.
      >
      > 73,
      > Tony KB9YIG

      Enhanced builder's notes have been updated for this change
      73 de robby wb5rvz
    • cesco12342000
      Message 2 of 6 , Jan 2, 2009
        > Enhanced builder's notes have been updated for this change

        On http://golddredgervideo.com/wb5rvz/hf_bpf/ it says
        "The automatic/electronic switching will be enabled later"
        whitout mentionning that powersdr and winrad can already do this.
      • R R Robson
        Message 3 of 6 , Jan 2, 2009
          Thanks, Cesco.

          I have updated the page in question to state this fact.  Ho9wever, it simply begs the question: "OK, then how do I do THAT?"

          I would very much like to put some user-friendly info into the website, so I can help builders who are not software engineers implement programmatic bandswitching in the Winrad and PowerSDR versions.

          Could you provide some of that info and I can plug it into a new "Cesco says" page?

          TX ES 73
          DE Robby WB5RVZ
          NAQCC #2646

          Sent: Friday, January 02, 2009 2:25 AM
          Subject: [softrock40] Re: Updated v9.0 Lite+USB Xtall schematic to show BPF connections

          > Enhanced builder's notes have been updated for this change

          On http://golddredgerv ideo.com/ wb5rvz/hf_ bpf/ it says
          "The automatic/electroni c switching will be enabled later"
          whitout mentionning that powersdr and winrad can already do this.

        • Pete Smith
          Message 4 of 6 , Jan 2, 2009
            I *think* that Rocky 3.6 can also be used with the V 9.0 receiver and BPF
            switching. Is anyone doing so?

            73, Pete N4ZR

            Message 5 of 6 , Jan 2, 2009
              > Could you provide some of that info and I can plug it into a new "Cesco
              says" page?

              Plz dont do that ...

              You will have to use my sdr1kusb.dll or one of the bpf enabled extio-dll's
              (mine or fred's). I have also written an extansive "ho to" for programmers
              here and put the C source of my dll on my webpage for others to use.

              Now writing how-to's for users is not my talent...