Mixw

  • nels_58701
    Message 1 of 8 , Feb 23 9:22 AM
      Anyone out there using SR 5.0 and Mixw.
      If so sure would like to know how you have it lashed together.
      Thanks

      Nels W0TUP
    • n3wtus
      Message 2 of 8 , Feb 23 11:28 AM
        I use the SR 5.0 with MixW and other the digital programs. You need
        two soundcards. Connect the SR 5.0 to soundcard #1 line input, the
        speaker out of soundcard #1 then goes to the line-in on soundcard
        #2. Mic-in would work just as well. Connect your speaker to the
        speaker out on soundcard #2, be sure not to mute line-in in order to
        hear the normal audio speaker. MixW is then configured to look for
        Soundcard # 2 for normal audio deconding. Works very well with all
        the digital programs. SR 5.0 is a teriffic little receiver for RTTY
        and PSK and all the soundcard modes.

        73 John, N3WT

        --- In softrock40@yahoogroups.com, "nels_58701" <anelson@...> wrote:

        > Anyone out there using SR 5.0 and Mixw.
        > If so sure would like to know how you have it lashed together.
        > Thanks
        >
        > Nels W0TUP

      • n3wtus
        Message 3 of 8 , Feb 23 11:28 AM
          #2. Mic-in would work just as well. Connect your speaker to the
          speaker out on soundcard #2, be sure not to mute line-in in order to
          hear the normal audio speaker. MixW is then configured to look for
          Soundcard # 2 for normal audio deconding. Works very well with all
          the digital programs. SR 5.0 is a teriffic little receiver for RTTY
          and PSK and all the soundcard modes.

          73 John, N3WT

          --- In softrock40@yahoogroups.com, "nels_58701" <anelson@...> wrote:

          > Anyone out there using SR 5.0 and Mixw.
          > If so sure would like to know how you have it lashed together.
          > Thanks
          >
          > Nels W0TUP

        • Alberto I2PHD
          Message 4 of 8 , Feb 23 1:54 PM
            n3wtus wrote:
            > I use the SR 5.0 with MixW and other the digital programs. You need
            > two soundcards.

            Or use Virtual Audio Cable http://software.muzychenko.net/eng/vac.html

            73 Alberto I2PHD
          • Robert McGwier
            Message 5 of 8 , Feb 23 3:11 PM
              Indeed, this just plain works. I wish he would add later host support
              than MME, but it does work. After we had caused hundreds and hundreds
              of people to buy VAC for this SDR stuff and other functions, he made me
              a real deal to get the source code: $5000 . ;-).

              WE NEED A GPL REPLACEMENT!

              Bob

              Alberto I2PHD wrote:
              > n3wtus wrote:
              >
              >> I use the SR 5.0 with MixW and other the digital programs. You need
              >> two soundcards.
              >>

              > Or use Virtual Audio Cable http://software.muzychenko.net/eng/vac.html
              >
              > 73 Alberto I2PHD
              >

              > Yahoo! Groups Links

              Laziness is the number one inspiration for ingenuity. Guilty as charged!
            • Bill Dumke
              Message 6 of 8 , Feb 26 7:34 PM
                Alberto,

                How did you set up MixW to work with VAC and Rocky 1.41?

                All I got using VAC with Win XP SP2 & rocky 1.41 was a broken waterfall
                display in MixW2 with no audio. Later got a blue screen of death saying
                a device driver was at fault, after I attempted to uninstall it using
                the VAC uninstaller.

                Bill WB5TCO

                Alberto I2PHD wrote:

                > n3wtus wrote:
                > > I use the SR 5.0 with MixW and other the digital programs. You need
                > > two soundcards.
                >
                > Or use Virtual Audio Cable http://software.muzychenko.net/eng/vac.html
                >
                > 73 Alberto I2PHD

                > Shortwave receivers
                > <http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?t=ms&k=Shortwave+receivers&w1=Shortwave+receivers&w2=Ham+radio&c=2&s=40&.sig=MB4yUGINw9tizVKS3Upr0w>
                > Ham radio
                > <http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?t=ms&k=Ham+radio&w1=Shortwave+receivers&w2=Ham+radio&c=2&s=40&.sig=XNtLoznpXE_hqNE4dvfaHA>

              • Alberto I2PHD
                Message 7 of 8 , Feb 27 2:09 AM
                  Bill,

                  I haven't specifically used MixW with VAC, but have done experiments with passing audio streams between various sound
                  card programs, Adobe Audition 1.5 included. Be sure to use VAC 3.12, the latest, or at least 3.11. The previous versions
                  had a bug that could cause the BSOD (Blue Screen Of Death).
                  Make also sure that you have set the sampling speed of the Virtual Audio Cable that you use to reroute the audio stream
                  to the same sampling speed and number of channels as the program that generates the stream, and of course the program at
                  the other end of the virtual cable must be set accordingly.

                  73 Alberto I2PHD
                  --------------------------------

                  Bill Dumke wrote:
                  > Alberto,
                  >
                  > How did you set up MixW to work with VAC and Rocky 1.41?
                  >
                  > All I got using VAC with Win XP SP2 & rocky 1.41 was a broken waterfall
                  > display in MixW2 with no audio. Later got a blue screen of death saying
                  > a device driver was at fault, after I attempted to uninstall it using
                  > the VAC uninstaller.
                  >
                  > Bill WB5TCO
                • Bill Dumke
                  Message 8 of 8 , Feb 27 12:54 PM
                    I use it here with a Delta 44 feeding an Audigy 2 sound card. But on
                    CW, I get better accuracy in CW copying it by ear. It seems you need a
                    strong signal to get good results in Mixw.

                    Bill WB5TCO