Re: [softrock40] Fresh Software - 20050917 level

  • Leon Heller
    Message 1 of 41 , Sep 19, 2005
      From: "Stan Rife" <srife@...>
      To: <softrock40@yahoogroups.com>
      Sent: Monday, September 19, 2005 4:52 PM
      Subject: RE: [softrock40] Fresh Software - 20050917 level

      Bill,
      I downloaded the update and when I try to turn on the SDR software, I
      get no response and it goes imediately back to STANDBY. I do not have a
      SoftRock 40 hooked up yet. I don't think anything has changed on my system,
      but I will reboot and check everything out if that doesn't fix it. Any
      ideas? The previous versions worked fine.

      I get a constant loud rough-sounding dit-dah-dit..., without anything
      connected. I still get it when playing one of the wav files.

      Leon

      ---
      [This E-mail has been scanned for viruses but it is your responsibility
      to maintain up to date anti virus software on the device that you are
      currently using to read this email. ]
    • Bob Hillard
      Message 41 of 41 , Oct 29, 2005
        Rein,

        When I operate on the low bands (40M thru 160M) I have to turn off my
        PC's. In fact I sometimes have had to unplug them completely, as the
        power supply isn't completely off when the On/Off switch is in the Off
        position.

        I found the problem to be caused by the computer's switching power
        supply. In fact I lost a power supply in one of my computers recenly,
        and replaced it with a better grade supply, and then was happy to find
        that the noise from that computer was gone.

        Try unplugging your computer completely and see if that quiets things
        down.

        Bob WA6UFQ