Re: Electronically Switched v9.0 HF BPF kit

  • cesco12342000
    Message 1 of 27 , Dec 6, 2008
      > I'd like to include the enhanced BPF functionality in PowerSDR-IQ
      > USBtoI2C interface

      Init after usb connection is OK, only once:
      ------
      usb_control_msg(dev, USB_CTRL_IN, 0x01, 0x30, 0, &b, 1, 1000);
      ------

      Set bpf value:
      ------
      bpfind can have values of 0x00, 0x10, 0x20, 0x30
      usb_control_msg(dev, USB_CTRL_IN, 0x04, bpfind, 0, &b, 1, 1000);
      ------
      wrong bpfind may mess up the IIC bus !

      73, Cesco
    • alexle188
      Message 2 of 27 , Dec 6, 2008
        Hi Christos,

        As your message mentioned ubw firmware, I will provide below some
        information of my ubw firmware for BPF/LPF switching. However, if you
        are in fact referring to the avr firmware which is used in the
        USB-Synthesiser kit, Tony's USB-i2c interface, and in SR v9.0, then
        please ignore my information.

        You may already know that Cesco has writen a .dll for switching the
        Electronically Switched v9.0 HF BPF kit. It allows the stock AVR
        firmware to be used. It can also switch the Rx BPF's on the
        Motherboard (see PHOTOS->KF4BQ).

        UBW Emulator Firmware
        ----------------------
        After the availability of the USB-Synthesiser kit, I wrote an emulator
        of the functionalities of the USB-Synthesiser for the UBW. So when
        the UBW with the Emulator firmware is plugged in the USB port, the PC
        will think that an AVR DG8SAQ-I2C device has been plugged in. The
        user can load the AVR drivers and use PowerSDR to communicate with the
        device just like the AVR based USB-i2c interfaces.

        As the UBW has more i/o pins available, my firmware makes use of these
        pins to select BPF (both Rx and Tx) and LPF's, in addition to sending
        a PTT (logic HIGH for Tx and LOW for Rx) logic signal for RxTx
        switching and reading the paddle inputs.

        The selection of BPF/LPF is done in the UBW firmware, based on the
        freq setting sent by PowerSDR to the Si570 controlled via i2c by the
        UBW. Thus there is no need for the host software to explicitly select
        the filters.

        The source code of the UBW Emulator firmware is available in
        FILES->9V1AL->UBW Emulator.

        73's

        Alex
      • Christos Nikolaou
        Message 3 of 27 , Dec 6, 2008
          Ok Cesco,

          Tnx fer info. :-)

          73,
          Christos SV1EIA

          --- In softrock40@yahoogroups.com, "cesco12342000" <cesco1@...> wrote:

          > > I'd like to include the enhanced BPF functionality in PowerSDR-IQ
          > > USBtoI2C interface
          >
          > Init after usb connection is OK, only once:
          > ------
          > usb_control_msg(dev, USB_CTRL_IN, 0x01, 0x30, 0, &b, 1, 1000);
          > ------
          >
          > Set bpf value:
          > ------
          > bpfind can have values of 0x00, 0x10, 0x20, 0x30
          > usb_control_msg(dev, USB_CTRL_IN, 0x04, bpfind, 0, &b, 1, 1000);
          > ------
          > wrong bpfind may mess up the IIC bus !
          >
          > 73, Cesco

        • Christos Nikolaou
          Message 4 of 27 , Dec 6, 2008
            Hi Alex,

            Your BPF mobo was already supported by PowerSDR-IQ in 'direct' lets
            say mode via LPT (CMOS) lines or the HSUSB interface via CY7C68013A
            port (LVTTL) lines regardless of VFO and interface used.
            PowerSDR-IQ can work with BCD multiplexing like it is in your mobo or
            in Tony's BPF from version 1.12.06 in any line/filter/band combination
            (configurable) regarding also band edges. :-)

            73,
            Christos SV1EIA

            --- In softrock40@yahoogroups.com, "alexle188" <lee188@...> wrote:

            > Hi Christos,
            >
            > As your message mentioned ubw firmware, I will provide below some
            > information of my ubw firmware for BPF/LPF switching. However, if you
            > are in fact referring to the avr firmware which is used in the
            > USB-Synthesiser kit, Tony's USB-i2c interface, and in SR v9.0, then
            > please ignore my information.
            >
            > You may already know that Cesco has writen a .dll for switching the
            > Electronically Switched v9.0 HF BPF kit. It allows the stock AVR
            > firmware to be used. It can also switch the Rx BPF's on the
            > Motherboard (see PHOTOS->KF4BQ).
            >
            > UBW Emulator Firmware
            > ----------------------
            > After the availability of the USB-Synthesiser kit, I wrote an emulator
            > of the functionalities of the USB-Synthesiser for the UBW. So when
            > the UBW with the Emulator firmware is plugged in the USB port, the PC
            > will think that an AVR DG8SAQ-I2C device has been plugged in. The
            > user can load the AVR drivers and use PowerSDR to communicate with the
            > device just like the AVR based USB-i2c interfaces.
            >
            > As the UBW has more i/o pins available, my firmware makes use of these
            > pins to select BPF (both Rx and Tx) and LPF's, in addition to sending
            > a PTT (logic HIGH for Tx and LOW for Rx) logic signal for RxTx
            > switching and reading the paddle inputs.
            >
            > The selection of BPF/LPF is done in the UBW firmware, based on the
            > freq setting sent by PowerSDR to the Si570 controlled via i2c by the
            > UBW. Thus there is no need for the host software to explicitly select
            > the filters.
            >
            > The source code of the UBW Emulator firmware is available in
            > FILES->9V1AL->UBW Emulator.
            >
            > 73's
            >
            > Alex

          • alexle188
            Message 5 of 27 , Dec 6, 2008
              Hi Christos,

              Great! Thanks for the info. The Mobo v3.5 is in Beta now and this
              will give the builders more options to do the band switching :-)

              73's

              Alex
            • Bob Bruno - K2KI
              Message 6 of 27 , Dec 6, 2008
                Hmm. I lost all email from Yahoo Groups from 5:34 PM last evening (DST)
                till 5:09 AM today. Maybe it was nothing you did?

                73, cul...
                Bob de k2ki