Test please remove

  • pe0fko
    Message 1 of 27 , Dec 6, 2008
      Test,

      I changed something in the email setting and now it is not working any
      more?

      73, Fred
      PE0FKO
    • Tony Parks
      Message 2 of 27 , Dec 6, 2008
        Hi Christos,

        You will need to contact Jan, G0BBL, concerning the AVR firmware used in the v9.0 receiver kit.

        This is the same AVR code as used in the USB Synth VFO product.

        73,
        Tony KB9YIG
        Message 3 of 27 , Dec 6, 2008
          > I'd like to include the enhanced BPF functionality in PowerSDR-IQ
          > USBtoI2C interface

          Init after usb connection is OK, only once:
          ------
          usb_control_msg(dev, USB_CTRL_IN, 0x01, 0x30, 0, &b, 1, 1000);
          ------

          Set bpf value:
          ------
          bpfind can have values of 0x00, 0x10, 0x20, 0x30
          usb_control_msg(dev, USB_CTRL_IN, 0x04, bpfind, 0, &b, 1, 1000);
          ------
          wrong bpfind may mess up the IIC bus !

          73, Cesco
        • alexle188
          Message 4 of 27 , Dec 6, 2008
            Hi Christos,

            As your message mentioned ubw firmware, I will provide below some
            information of my ubw firmware for BPF/LPF switching. However, if you
            are in fact referring to the avr firmware which is used in the
            USB-Synthesiser kit, Tony's USB-i2c interface, and in SR v9.0, then
            please ignore my information.

            You may already know that Cesco has writen a .dll for switching the
            Electronically Switched v9.0 HF BPF kit. It allows the stock AVR
            firmware to be used. It can also switch the Rx BPF's on the
            Motherboard (see PHOTOS->KF4BQ).

            UBW Emulator Firmware
            ----------------------
            After the availability of the USB-Synthesiser kit, I wrote an emulator
            of the functionalities of the USB-Synthesiser for the UBW. So when
            the UBW with the Emulator firmware is plugged in the USB port, the PC
            will think that an AVR DG8SAQ-I2C device has been plugged in. The
            user can load the AVR drivers and use PowerSDR to communicate with the
            device just like the AVR based USB-i2c interfaces.

            As the UBW has more i/o pins available, my firmware makes use of these
            pins to select BPF (both Rx and Tx) and LPF's, in addition to sending
            a PTT (logic HIGH for Tx and LOW for Rx) logic signal for RxTx
            switching and reading the paddle inputs.

            The selection of BPF/LPF is done in the UBW firmware, based on the
            freq setting sent by PowerSDR to the Si570 controlled via i2c by the
            UBW. Thus there is no need for the host software to explicitly select
            the filters.

            The source code of the UBW Emulator firmware is available in
            FILES->9V1AL->UBW Emulator.

            73's

            Alex
          • Christos Nikolaou
            Message 5 of 27 , Dec 6, 2008
              Ok Cesco,

              Tnx fer info. :-)

              73,
              Christos SV1EIA

              --- In softrock40@yahoogroups.com, "cesco12342000" <cesco1@...> wrote:

              > > I'd like to include the enhanced BPF functionality in PowerSDR-IQ
              > > USBtoI2C interface
              >
              > Init after usb connection is OK, only once:
              > ------
              > usb_control_msg(dev, USB_CTRL_IN, 0x01, 0x30, 0, &b, 1, 1000);
              > ------
              >
              > Set bpf value:
              > ------
              > bpfind can have values of 0x00, 0x10, 0x20, 0x30
              > usb_control_msg(dev, USB_CTRL_IN, 0x04, bpfind, 0, &b, 1, 1000);
              > ------
              > wrong bpfind may mess up the IIC bus !
              >
              > 73, Cesco

            • Christos Nikolaou
              Message 6 of 27 , Dec 6, 2008
                Hi Alex,

                Your BPF mobo was already supported by PowerSDR-IQ in 'direct' lets
                say mode via LPT (CMOS) lines or the HSUSB interface via CY7C68013A
                port (LVTTL) lines regardless of VFO and interface used.
                PowerSDR-IQ can work with BCD multiplexing like it is in your mobo or
                in Tony's BPF from version 1.12.06 in any line/filter/band combination
                (configurable) regarding also band edges. :-)

                73,
                Christos SV1EIA

                --- In softrock40@yahoogroups.com, "alexle188" <lee188@...> wrote:

                > Hi Christos,
                >
                > As your message mentioned ubw firmware, I will provide below some
                > information of my ubw firmware for BPF/LPF switching. However, if you
                > are in fact referring to the avr firmware which is used in the
                > USB-Synthesiser kit, Tony's USB-i2c interface, and in SR v9.0, then
                > please ignore my information.
                >
                > You may already know that Cesco has writen a .dll for switching the
                > Electronically Switched v9.0 HF BPF kit. It allows the stock AVR
                > firmware to be used. It can also switch the Rx BPF's on the
                > Motherboard (see PHOTOS->KF4BQ).
                >
                > UBW Emulator Firmware
                > ----------------------
                > After the availability of the USB-Synthesiser kit, I wrote an emulator
                > of the functionalities of the USB-Synthesiser for the UBW. So when
                > the UBW with the Emulator firmware is plugged in the USB port, the PC
                > will think that an AVR DG8SAQ-I2C device has been plugged in. The
                > user can load the AVR drivers and use PowerSDR to communicate with the
                > device just like the AVR based USB-i2c interfaces.
                >
                > As the UBW has more i/o pins available, my firmware makes use of these
                > pins to select BPF (both Rx and Tx) and LPF's, in addition to sending
                > a PTT (logic HIGH for Tx and LOW for Rx) logic signal for RxTx
                > switching and reading the paddle inputs.
                >
                > The selection of BPF/LPF is done in the UBW firmware, based on the
                > freq setting sent by PowerSDR to the Si570 controlled via i2c by the
                > UBW. Thus there is no need for the host software to explicitly select
                > the filters.
                >
                > The source code of the UBW Emulator firmware is available in
                > FILES->9V1AL->UBW Emulator.
                >
                > 73's
                >
                > Alex

              • alexle188
                Message 7 of 27 , Dec 6, 2008
                  Hi Christos,

                  Great! Thanks for the info. The Mobo v3.5 is in Beta now and this
                  will give the builders more options to do the band switching :-)

                  73's

                  Alex
                • Bob Bruno - K2KI
                  Message 8 of 27 , Dec 6, 2008
                    Hmm. I lost all email from Yahoo Groups from 5:34 PM last evening (DST)
                    till 5:09 AM today. Maybe it was nothing you did?

                    73, cul...
                    Bob de k2ki