Re: problem testing v 9.0 USB control ... help!

  • nj2e
    Message 1 of 8 , Dec 1, 2008
      Paul, I had a similar problem and found pin 4 (grd) was a cold solder
      joint. One of the problem using a low wattage iron, is the ground
      plane is a big heat sink. Don NJ2E

      --- In softrock40@yahoogroups.com, "wnpauls" <wnpauls@...> wrote:

      > all the resistance checks were okay.
      >
      > all the voltages checks were okay, except
      >
      > R1 hairpin (U2-5) to ground 60-100 mVdc 96 mVdc
      >
      > I got 0 mVdc
      >
      > I checked the resistances and the diodes and all seemed okay and
      > connected correctly.
      >
      > Paul K0ZYV

    • wnpauls
      Message 2 of 8 , Dec 1, 2008
        thanks Don,

        Will check that.

        Paul

        --- In softrock40@yahoogroups.com, "nj2e" <donk47@...> wrote:

        > Paul, I had a similar problem and found pin 4 (grd) was a cold solder
        > joint. One of the problem using a low wattage iron, is the ground
        > plane is a big heat sink. Don NJ2E
        >
        > --- In softrock40@yahoogroups.com, "wnpauls" <wnpauls@> wrote:
        > >
        > > all the resistance checks were okay.
        > >
        > > all the voltages checks were okay, except
        > >
        > > R1 hairpin (U2-5) to ground 60-100 mVdc 96 mVdc
        > >
        > > I got 0 mVdc
        > >
        > > I checked the resistances and the diodes and all seemed okay and
        > > connected correctly.
        > >
        > > Paul K0ZYV

      • wnpauls
        Message 3 of 8 , Dec 1, 2008
          Tony,

          Yes, I had it (USB) plugged in and I got all the correct voltages
          EXCEPT on the hairpin of R1. (Zero volts on R1).

          Paul

          --- In softrock40@yahoogroups.com, "Tony Parks" <kb9yig@...> wrote:

          > The voltage at the hairpin of R1 will be present if the USB cable is
          connected to the board and plugged into a USB socket.