Re: problem testing v 9.0 USB control ... help!

  • wnpauls
    Message 1 of 8 , Dec 1, 2008
      I checked the new tests ... the hairpin on R1 should have about 90
      mVdc on it.

      I get ZERO on it.

      Should I proceed with the other checks?

      thanks,

      Paul K0ZYV

      --- In softrock40@yahoogroups.com, "R. R. Robson" <rrrobson@...> wrote:

      > --- In softrock40@yahoogroups.com, "wnpauls" <wnpauls@> wrote:
      > >
      > > all the resistance checks were okay.
      > >
      > > all the voltages checks were okay, except
      > >
      > > R1 hairpin (U2-5) to ground 60-100 mVdc 96 mVdc
      > >
      > > I got 0 mVdc
      > >
      > > I checked the resistances and the diodes and all seemed okay and
      > > connected correctly.
      > >
      > > Paul K0ZYV
      > >
      > Paul:
      >
      > After consultation with Jan G0BBL, I have modified the tests for the
      > USB Control stage in the V9.0 RX. You might want to take a look
      > at/try them.
      >
      > See: http://golddredgervideo.com/wb5rvz/RX_V9_0/02_usb.htm (and don't
      > forget to hit the F5 refresh key)
      > 73 de robby wb5rvz

    • Tony Parks
      Message 2 of 8 , Dec 1, 2008
        The voltage at the hairpin of R1 will be present if the USB cable is connected to the board and plugged into a USB socket.

        73,
        Tony KB9YIG
        I checked the new tests ... the hairpin on R1 should have about 90
        mVdc on it.

        I get ZERO on it.

        Should I proceed with the other checks?

        thanks,

        Paul K0ZYV

        --- In softrock40@yahoogro ups.com, "R. R. Robson" <rrrobson@.. .> wrote:

        > --- In softrock40@yahoogro ups.com, "wnpauls" <wnpauls@> wrote:
        > >
        > > all the resistance checks were okay.
        > >
        > > all the voltages checks were okay, except
        > >
        > > R1 hairpin (U2-5) to ground 60-100 mVdc 96 mVdc
        > >
        > > I got 0 mVdc
        > >
        > > I checked the resistances and the diodes and all seemed okay and
        > > connected correctly.
        > >
        > > Paul K0ZYV
        > >
        > Paul:
        >
        > After consultation with Jan G0BBL, I have modified the tests for the
        > USB Control stage in the V9.0 RX. You might want to take a look
        > at/try them.
        >
        > See: http://golddredgerv ideo.com/ wb5rvz/RX_ V9_0/02_usb. htm (and don't
        > forget to hit the F5 refresh key)
        > 73 de robby wb5rvz

      • rw3acq
        Message 3 of 8 , Dec 1, 2008
          Hi Paul!
          Try to reheat the problem pins of the D2-D3-U2.
          Bad soldering might be the problem.
          73,Serge
        • nj2e
          Message 4 of 8 , Dec 1, 2008
            Paul, I had a similar problem and found pin 4 (grd) was a cold solder
            joint. One of the problem using a low wattage iron, is the ground
            plane is a big heat sink. Don NJ2E

            --- In softrock40@yahoogroups.com, "wnpauls" <wnpauls@...> wrote:

            > all the resistance checks were okay.
            >
            > all the voltages checks were okay, except
            >
            > R1 hairpin (U2-5) to ground 60-100 mVdc 96 mVdc
            >
            > I got 0 mVdc
            >
            > I checked the resistances and the diodes and all seemed okay and
            > connected correctly.
            >
            > Paul K0ZYV

          • wnpauls
            Message 5 of 8 , Dec 1, 2008
              thanks Don,

              Will check that.

              Paul

              --- In softrock40@yahoogroups.com, "nj2e" <donk47@...> wrote:

              > Paul, I had a similar problem and found pin 4 (grd) was a cold solder
              > joint. One of the problem using a low wattage iron, is the ground
              > plane is a big heat sink. Don NJ2E
              >
              > --- In softrock40@yahoogroups.com, "wnpauls" <wnpauls@> wrote:
              > >
              > > all the resistance checks were okay.
              > >
              > > all the voltages checks were okay, except
              > >
              > > R1 hairpin (U2-5) to ground 60-100 mVdc 96 mVdc
              > >
              > > I got 0 mVdc
              > >
              > > I checked the resistances and the diodes and all seemed okay and
              > > connected correctly.
              > >
              > > Paul K0ZYV

            • wnpauls
              Message 6 of 8 , Dec 1, 2008
                Tony,

                Yes, I had it (USB) plugged in and I got all the correct voltages
                EXCEPT on the hairpin of R1. (Zero volts on R1).

                Paul