6.3 TXRX with usb a few questions

  • John
    Message 1 of 5 , Nov 2, 2008
      Ok I am receiving great on 160,80,40 but cannot get it to rx on
      anything above this and yes I do change the BPFs. Maybe my Si570 need
      some sort of fix in the programing? Just can't figure it out.

      Question two. I am RX both upper and lower ssb signals from the same
      qso I am assuming its a sound card problem or possibly some sort of
      hookup on the stereo plug?

      tnx
      John
      N9AMI
    • Christos Nikolaou
      Message 2 of 5 , Nov 2, 2008
        John,

        When you see USB and LSB together as DSB then it is 99.999% a audio
        issue. Only a single channel either I or Q goes to your program.
        In some rare occasions the opamp LT6231 could be damaged or there is a
        short circuit somewhere in that area of the opamp that blocks one channel.

        73,
        Christos SV1EIA

        --- In softrock40@yahoogroups.com, "John" <n9ami@...> wrote:

        > Ok I am receiving great on 160,80,40 but cannot get it to rx on
        > anything above this and yes I do change the BPFs. Maybe my Si570 need
        > some sort of fix in the programing? Just can't figure it out.
        >
        > Question two. I am RX both upper and lower ssb signals from the same
        > qso I am assuming its a sound card problem or possibly some sort of
        > hookup on the stereo plug?
        >

        > tnx
        > John
        > N9AMI

      • John
        Message 3 of 5 , Nov 3, 2008
          Ok Update: I made sure I have my channels correct Tip Ring Ground...
          Still getting the same dual signals. But I do have the SI570 going
          again as it should be on all bands and the TX side is working well on
          CW and PSK31. I am wondering if I disconnected the grounds to my
          audio and put them on a common ground say ptt ?

          John

          Message 4 of 5 , Nov 3, 2008
            From: "John"
            > CW and PSK31. I am wondering if I disconnected the grounds to my
            > audio and put them on a common ground say ptt ?

            The image problem is nothing to do with grounding.

            You do not say what soundcard you are using. Have you tried the soundcard
            channel delay in the SDR program's setup? Easiest is Rocky.

            If you have checked what Christos said then it should work. Check the input
            transformer is connected properly. Do not transmit until you have this
            right.

            73 Alan G4ZFQ

            >> When you see USB and LSB together as DSB then it is 99.999% a audio
            >> issue. Only a single channel either I or Q goes to your program.
            >> In some rare occasions the opamp LT6231 could be damaged or there is a
            >> short circuit somewhere in that area of the opamp that blocks one
            > channel.
            >>
            >> 73,
            >> Christos SV1EIA

          • Bob Bruno - K2KI
            Message 5 of 5 , Nov 3, 2008
              The other problem is if he is going through the mic input and it is mono...

              Check the windows sound property for recording and see if the mic
              control has a balance control . If so, see it it moves and is not greyed
              out.

              Inject dual audio tones one tone on the right and the other on the left
              channels of the mic input. Then attempt to move the balance control
              whilst listening. You should be able to hear both tones with the balance
              control set to the middle position. Then move the slider to the left.
              You should only hear one of the tones. Then move it to the right. You
              should only hear the other tone. If you hear both in either position,
              then you either have a mono mic input on the sound card or an adapter on
              the cable that is combining the two channels.

              If you have a mono input, see if your sound card has a line input and
              use that. That should be stereo. If not, then new sound card time for you!

              I hope this works for you. Good luck...

              73, cul...
              Bob de k2ki