Re: 192K sound cards

  • josephlevy
    Message 1 of 6 , Nov 1, 2008
      Hi
      X-Fi by Creative (SB0090)works fine for receive at 192 Khz with low
      noise.(NOT so on TX where it has high noise above +/- 25 Khz)
      73 de Joe.

      --- In softrock40@yahoogroups.com, "kw7a2" <john@...> wrote:

      > There has been too many post to be able to find the answer.
      > I have searched the post bur get lost in all the side issues.....
      >
      > What 192K sound cards work with the softrock receiver?
      >
      > I am looking for something that does not have too much noise or
      > distortion.
      >
      > Thanks,
      > John

    • josephlevy
      Message 2 of 6 , Nov 1, 2008
        Hi
        sorry, got it mixed up with a second card.
        SB0090 does NOT do 192 Khz.
        --- In softrock40@yahoogroups.com, "josephlevy" <josephlevy@...>
        wrote:

        > Hi
        > X-Fi by Creative (SB0090)works fine for receive at 192 Khz with low
        > noise.(NOT so on TX where it has high noise above +/- 25 Khz)
        > 73 de Joe.
        >
        > --- In softrock40@yahoogroups.com, "kw7a2" <john@> wrote:
        > >
        > > There has been too many post to be able to find the answer.
        > > I have searched the post bur get lost in all the side issues.....
        > >
        > > What 192K sound cards work with the softrock receiver?
        > >
        > > I am looking for something that does not have too much noise or
        > > distortion.
        > >
        > > Thanks,
        > > John

      • josephlevy
        Message 3 of 6 , Nov 1, 2008
          Hi
          The EMU 0202 (usb) by creative does 192 Khz and quiet on receive. (not
          so on TX though).
          de Joe
          --- In softrock40@yahoogroups.com, "kw7a2" <john@...> wrote:

          > There has been too many post to be able to find the answer.
          > I have searched the post bur get lost in all the side issues.....
          >
          > What 192K sound cards work with the softrock receiver?
          >
          > I am looking for something that does not have too much noise or
          > distortion.
          >
          > Thanks,
          > John

        • John H. Long Jr.
          Message 4 of 6 , Nov 1, 2008
            Thanks,

            The application is for the Softrock IF board.
            It will be used for a wideband bandscope on my Kenwood TS-2000 so the receive is the important part.
            It will not be used for transmission.

            Do you know if the board has 1 or 2 sets of stereo inputs?
            What do you think of the 1212 or the 0404?

            John H. Long Jr.
            KW7A
            PO Box 567
            East Carbon, Utah 84520
            USA

            The EMU 0202 (usb) by creative does 192 Khz and quiet on receive. (not
            so on TX though).
            de Joe
            --- In softrock40@yahoogro ups.com, "kw7a2" <john@...> wrote:

            > There has been too many post to be able to find the answer.
            > I have searched the post bur get lost in all the side issues.....
            >
            > What 192K sound cards work with the softrock receiver?
            >
            > I am looking for something that does not have too much noise or
            > distortion.
            >
            > Thanks,
            > John

          • josephlevy
            Message 5 of 6 , Nov 1, 2008
              Hi
              It has stereo input (not 2 stereo channels like a delta 44)
              and works fine as a panadapter (quiet and good dynamic range)
              The 0404 and 1212 (actually 1212m) I know only from reviews,
              try the LP-PAN (Telepost inc. < http://www.telepostinc.com/ >
              review of cards and Mike Collins KF4BQ on this reflectors
              archives for more reviews.
              73 de Joe.