Re: Announcement for PowerSDR-IQ 1.12.02 with support for USB to I2C interface

  • ronenp4
    Message 1 of 4 , Nov 1, 2008
      Hi Christos
      Thank you for your Quick prompt and for the explain
      Of course i prefer that the VCO will follow the frequency while
      tunning the band and not the system that the old PowerSDR was working
      so i understand you are aware of the problem ,
      i will wait paitianly to the next version and the smooth VCO fix
      Thanks for your effort
      Regard
      Ronen - 4Z4ZQ
      http://www.ronen.org

      --- In softrock40@yahoogroups.com, "Christos Nikolaou" <sv1eia@...>
      wrote:

      > Hi Ronen,
      >
      > First let me tell you something about the continuous tuning.
      > There are elementary differences in the way LO is handled from the
      > previous programs that you used to the PowerSDR-IQ 1.12.03.
      > The other programs do not follow the VFO frequency with the Si570
      and
      > use the bandwidth of the soundcard to create the illusion of tuning.
      > This is not happening in PowerSDR-IQ for a reason and that is for
      > proper Tx behaviour on SSB and CW. You can see relevant posts on
      > PowerSDR-IQ group and also Eric's post on
      > http://www.sarl.org.za/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=925&whichpage=21 .
      > Needless the say that this is real Flex way of Tx and it solves many
      > problem like easy conformance to ITU regulations.
      > This continuous tuning though creates the Si570 artifacts, whereas
      by
      > using the USB to I2C interface are existent but not existent with
      LPT
      > and HSUSB interfaces.
      > That happens because I have not applied yet the 'smooth' 2000ppm
      > tuning algorhythm on USBtoI2C as is already applied it to the
      others.
      > Just a couple of days ago I got the interface from Tony and the
      first
      > version of the software supporting it was on the same day.
      > Now the learning curve for me on this interface has reached a good
      > point and on the next version I will include the 2000ppm smooth
      Si570
      > tuning to the USB to I2C.
      >

      > 73,
      > Christos SV1EIA
      >

      > --- In softrock40@yahoogroups.com, "ronenp4" <ronen@> wrote:
      > >
      > > Hi Christos
      > > Thank you for the Software
      > > It work on the Softrock V9 I have and the USB I2C
      > > But there is a problem
      > > Unlike the Power SDR Software i use
      > > this software change the VCO freq every time i tune the band
      > > so while tunning the bant I hear a very strong Switching noisse
      > > that come from the VCO change frequency
      > > (the power SDR i use is one that tune the VCO only when it
      reaches
      > > the side of the soundcard frequency so in 48KC Soundcard it is
      only
      > > every 20 KC)
      > > I dont know if there is a solution for that
      > > but just for knowlage
      > > this make a problem to tune on the band because it cover every
      signal
      > > but for stady frequency its ok and the VAC option is an advantage
      > > but i havnt checked it yet
      > > Best Regards
      > > Ronen - 4Z4ZQ
      > > http://www.ronen.org
      > >

      > > --- In softrock40@yahoogroups.com, "Christos Nikolaou" <sv1eia@>
      > > wrote:
      > > >
      > > > Dear All,
      > > >
      > > > The USB to I2C support is here with the PowerSDR-IQ 1.12.02.
      > > > This new version has the USB to I2C interface supported since
      many
      > > > have requested it, so now all Softrocks v9 and USB Synth.kits
      are
      > > > accessible and can be controlled by the application.
      > > >
      > > > You can download it from
      > > > -> http://code.google.com/p/powersdr-iq/downloads/list
      > > >
      > > > Check also the user group for any enquiries
      > > > -> http://groups.yahoo.com/group/powersdr-iq/
      > > >

      > > > To recap some major features this version has embeded
      > > >
      > > > .Normal SDR1K frequency handling with scrollable panadapter or
      > > > waterfall and Tx on DC so no images are present during Tx for
      SSB