Another very important question v6.3

  • adam_oleszczuk
    Message 1 of 5 , Oct 31, 2008
      Dear Friends
      I just connected RxTxv6.3 & USB_I2C and finally PowerSDR
      I/Qv1.12.02.Everything looks good even more.Great receiving on 80m SSB
      and CW.(till now I made only this pair of filters for Rx and Tx) I'm
      using W3DZZ.In the earlier versions I changed freq. with dip-sw and
      later with I2C. Now 'm not sure about one think- what do I have to
      write as VFO freq.Now I put there 7.055000 but believe me I'm not sure
      about it even it's working good.(I reordered some ham's talking).So
      could somebody explain me what do I have to write there for 80m and
      maybe in other bands?
    • Christos Nikolaou
      Message 2 of 5 , Oct 31, 2008
        Adam,

        You have Softrock v6.3 right? you also have the USB to I2C interface
        already attached on softrock board and of course the Si570 chip itself.

        Well the news with PowerSDR-IQ 1.12.03 (or 02) is that you do not need
        to manually put any frequancy at all in any place.
        Just select the 'SDR (Si570)' option on Setup Hardware config and also
        check 'USB to I2C Adapter' on the same page.
        From then on you have a near SDR-1000 behaviour from your 6.3
        Its Fire and Forget in most situations... :-)

        73,
        Christos SV1EIA

        --- In softrock40@yahoogroups.com, "adam_oleszczuk"
        <adam.oleszczuk@...> wrote:

        > Dear Friends
        > I just connected RxTxv6.3 & USB_I2C and finally PowerSDR
        > I/Qv1.12.02.Everything looks good even more.Great receiving on 80m SSB
        > and CW.(till now I made only this pair of filters for Rx and Tx) I'm
        > using W3DZZ.In the earlier versions I changed freq. with dip-sw and
        > later with I2C. Now 'm not sure about one think- what do I have to
        > write as VFO freq.Now I put there 7.055000 but believe me I'm not sure
        > about it even it's working good.(I reordered some ham's talking).So
        > could somebody explain me what do I have to write there for 80m and
        > maybe in other bands?

      • adam_oleszczuk
        Message 3 of 5 , Oct 31, 2008
          --- In softrock40@yahoogroups.com, "Christos Nikolaou" <sv1eia@...> wrote:

          > Adam,
          >
          > You have Softrock v6.3 right? you also have the USB to I2C interface
          > already attached on softrock board and of course the Si570 chip itself.
          >
          > Well the news with PowerSDR-IQ 1.12.03 (or 02) is that you do not need
          > to manually put any frequancy at all in any place.
          > Just select the 'SDR (Si570)' option on Setup Hardware config and also
          > check 'USB to I2C Adapter' on the same page.
          > From then on you have a near SDR-1000 behaviour from your 6.3
          > Its Fire and Forget in most situations... :-)
          >
          > 73,
          > Christos SV1EIA
          >

          > --- In softrock40@yahoogroups.com, "adam_oleszczuk"
          > <adam.oleszczuk@> wrote:
          > >
          > > Dear Friends
          > > I just connected RxTxv6.3 & USB_I2C and finally PowerSDR
          > > I/Qv1.12.02.Everything looks good even more.Great receiving on 80m SSB
          > > and CW.(till now I made only this pair of filters for Rx and Tx) I'm
          > > using W3DZZ.In the earlier versions I changed freq. with dip-sw and
          > > later with I2C. Now 'm not sure about one think- what do I have to
          > > write as VFO freq.Now I put there 7.055000 but believe me I'm not sure
          > > about it even it's working good.(I reordered some ham's talking).So
          > > could somebody explain me what do I have to write there for 80m and
          > > maybe in other bands?

          Many thx, because it means that I just finished this project ( at this
          stage) with real big success. And of course I checked all positions
          in setup hardware .I'm not sure about Tx but I really hard observe
          every messages and I hope I find something about it.
          For USB_I2C I prepared 8-pin socket with wires and this way I
          connected to the SiLab gen.It's really great job, I mean software and
          hardware.So I don't even know haw to say thank you!!!!!
        • Christos Nikolaou
          Message 4 of 5 , Oct 31, 2008
            <adam.oleszczuk@...> wrote:

            > --- In softrock40@yahoogroups.com, "Christos Nikolaou" <sv1eia@> wrote:
            > >
            > > Adam,
            > >
            > > You have Softrock v6.3 right? you also have the USB to I2C interface
            > > already attached on softrock board and of course the Si570 chip
            itself.

            > > Well the news with PowerSDR-IQ 1.12.03 (or 02) is that you do not need
            > > to manually put any frequancy at all in any place.
            > > Just select the 'SDR (Si570)' option on Setup Hardware config and also
            > > check 'USB to I2C Adapter' on the same page.
            > > From then on you have a near SDR-1000 behaviour from your 6.3
            > > Its Fire and Forget in most situations... :-)
            > >
            > > 73,
            > > Christos SV1EIA
            > >

            > > --- In softrock40@yahoogroups.com, "adam_oleszczuk"
            > > <adam.oleszczuk@> wrote:
            > > >
            > > > Dear Friends
            > > > I just connected RxTxv6.3 & USB_I2C and finally PowerSDR
            > > > I/Qv1.12.02.Everything looks good even more.Great receiving on
            80m SSB
            > > > and CW.(till now I made only this pair of filters for Rx and Tx) I'm
            > > > using W3DZZ.In the earlier versions I changed freq. with dip-sw and
            > > > later with I2C. Now 'm not sure about one think- what do I have to
            > > > write as VFO freq.Now I put there 7.055000 but believe me I'm
            not sure
            > > > about it even it's working good.(I reordered some ham's talking).So
            > > > could somebody explain me what do I have to write there for 80m and
            > > > maybe in other bands?
            > > >

            > Many thx, because it means that I just finished this project ( at this
            > stage) with real big success. And of course I checked all positions
            > in setup hardware .I'm not sure about Tx but I really hard observe
            > every messages and I hope I find something about it.
            > For USB_I2C I prepared 8-pin socket with wires and this way I
            > connected to the SiLab gen.It's really great job, I mean software and
            > hardware.So I don't even know haw to say thank you!!!!!

            Adam,
            Good news, give it some time and then just have a post with your
            comments on PowerSDR-IQ group.

            :-)

            73,
            Christos SV1EIA
          • adam_oleszczuk
            Message 5 of 5 , Oct 31, 2008
              --- In softrock40@yahoogroups.com, "Christos Nikolaou" <sv1eia@...> wrote:

              > --- In softrock40@yahoogroups.com, "adam_oleszczuk"
              > <adam.oleszczuk@> wrote:
              > >
              > > --- In softrock40@yahoogroups.com, "Christos Nikolaou" <sv1eia@>
              wrote:

              > > > Adam,
              > > >
              > > > You have Softrock v6.3 right? you also have the USB to I2C interface
              > > > already attached on softrock board and of course the Si570 chip
              > itself.
              > > >
              > > > Well the news with PowerSDR-IQ 1.12.03 (or 02) is that you do
              not need
              > > > to manually put any frequancy at all in any place.
              > > > Just select the 'SDR (Si570)' option on Setup Hardware config
              and also
              > > > check 'USB to I2C Adapter' on the same page.
              > > > From then on you have a near SDR-1000 behaviour from your 6.3
              > > > Its Fire and Forget in most situations... :-)
              > > >
              > > > 73,
              > > > Christos SV1EIA
              > > >

              > > > --- In softrock40@yahoogroups.com, "adam_oleszczuk"

              > 80m SSB
              Tx) I'm
              > not sure
              > > > >

              > > Many thx, because it means that I just finished this project ( at this
              > > stage) with real big success. And of course I checked all positions
              > > in setup hardware .I'm not sure about Tx but I really hard observe
              > > every messages and I hope I find something about it.
              > > For USB_I2C I prepared 8-pin socket with wires and this way I
              > > connected to the SiLab gen.It's really great job, I mean software and
              > > hardware.So I don't even know haw to say thank you!!!!!
              > >

              > Adam,
              > Good news, give it some time and then just have a post with your
              > comments on PowerSDR-IQ group.
              >
              > :-)
              >
              > 73,
              > Christos SV1EIA

              Of course you got it! I have some more SDR hardware from WB6DHW and
              I'm going to use all of them.By the way I'd like to check how it'll be
              working with HSUSB and of course with BPF and LPF. Now I'm going to
              prepare some article about SDR and I hope I show this project to the
              other radio hams in SP.