RE: [softrock40] Re: Interference from PC?

  • Stan Rife
    Message 1 of 41 , Sep 19, 2005
          Don't know if this post made it to the list, so here it comes again. Sorry for the duplication, if it did.
          Good deal, Tony, Bill. Well, Bill, I'm afraid I'll just have to be one of those that reaps the benefits of the experimentation done by others. I am new to most of this. I'll be the first to admit, I need to get more involved in this kind of stuff so I'll learn more about it. I'm kind of starting to head in that direction, though. I am trying to find some beginners documentation on programing Pic Microcontrollers. Won't really know what to do with it once I learn (applications), but I'll at least have a working knowledge of what some of the guys are talking about when discussing Pics and firmware.
          I am not sure if I asked the question the right way, and so I am not sure if you guys are talking about the same signal that I am refering to at 7.056. The 600Hz tone I hear is -75 dbm. Are we talking about the same thing?
          Also, I noticed that when I start Power SDR, the volume for the soundcard is turned up to Maximum. Is there a way to have it initialize to the previous setting on start up? I may be missing something here.

      Stan Rife
      Houston, TX
      K2 S/N 4216

      Message 41 of 41 , Oct 29, 2005

        When I operate on the low bands (40M thru 160M) I have to turn off my
        PC's. In fact I sometimes have had to unplug them completely, as the
        power supply isn't completely off when the On/Off switch is in the Off

        I found the problem to be caused by the computer's switching power
        supply. In fact I lost a power supply in one of my computers recenly,
        and replaced it with a better grade supply, and then was happy to find
        that the noise from that computer was gone.

        Try unplugging your computer completely and see if that quiets things

        Bob WA6UFQ